No announcement yet.

Is Vitali Klitschko an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
    Ridiculous. His comeback from retirement to be so dominant after 3+ years off due to injury only works in his favor: very few have done it in boxing (Sugar Ray Leonard and Ali were out for a similar amount of time), or indeed in sports in general.
    How can you be dominant when you aren't the best fighter in your division?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Who's alt is this?? What a load of crap. Vitali didn't even beat B rated fighters, most were C class. And all of those guys you mentioned dominated their division for years. Vitali has NEVER dominated the HW division--even now he's a paper champ.
      I'm FelixTrindad from ESB, I have no alts here. I have never praised Vitali and always **** talk him whenever I can, but to say he is not an ATG HW is a ****ing joke.
      We are not talking about ATG'S overall, we are talking about his weight class-which traditionally is one of the weakest weight classes in boxing. Vitali is an ATG.

ATG Heavyweight is what top 25? Is that a fair analysis? Top 25 all time? Name me 25 Heavyweights higher ranked than Vitali. GO

If you can't name 25 HW'S better than Vitali- he is an ATG Hw.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        Given the level of competition Vitali faced, is this an achievement? I mean were basing his ATG staus on not being down on the cards when he lost. Geez.

Go watch a tape of Mike Weaver fighting John Tate. Tate won 14 straight rounds then got KTFO. DO we reward him for that.
        Vitali is HOF and ATG, slam dunk. The things I cited previously set him apart from the pack.

It's not even an issue, really, except among those who just hate the Klitschkos no matter what.

Comment

Vitali is HOF and ATG, slam dunk.

It's not even an issue, really, except among those who just hate the Klitschkos no matter what.
          History will remember Vitali as an ATG Heavyweight. That's for sure.

Comment

Vitali is HOF and ATG, slam dunk. The things I cited previously set him apart from the pack.

I don't know if you are a Kbro fan, but if you are it's better to state Vitali's case because of his dominance against so many B Rated fighters.

Stating his case based on the fact he started out well against a almost 38 year old fat Lennox is foolish.

Most people don't even watch that fight anymore other than spewing tko6 tko6.

Vitali won the 2nd round clearly. Every other round was close. Towards the end he was having trouble seeing and would not have finished the fight if it went on.

From a neutral standpoint one can say this:

Lewis was almost 38, out of shape, and unmotivated.
            Vitali was half blind and not quite prime.

So prime for prime? I will take the Lewis of Golota-Morrison-Holyfield I, Grant,Tua against the Vitali of Sanders-Williams-Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
              Lewis was almost 38, out of shape, and unmotivated.
              Lewis was 37, close to his prime, not in bad shape, and highly motivated.

Wlad is almost 37 now, I don't hear anyone saying Wladimir is an old man.

Comment

Ridiculous. His comeback from retirement to be so dominant after 3+ years off due to injury only works in his favor: very few have done it in boxing (Sugar Ray Leonard and Ali were out for a similar amount of time), or indeed in sports in general. It's very difficult to be out that long and then come back to be as good or better than before.
                Ridiculous is you using Vitali in the same sentence as Leonard and Ali. Now please slap yourself.

Comment

I agree Vitali will be a HOF. But that only disparages what the IBHOF is about. He has beaten NOONE in the top 150 HWT's of all time. He has lost to his 2 best opponents.

he got his title back because he was named champion emeritus and given a title fight when he wanted it, sorta like wwe "money in the bank" rules thats surely not a reason to be a HOF'er. Cmon.

essentially he will be rewarded for his 2nd highest ever KO ratio (again check who he ko'd)and the fact he fought in an era with 4 or 5 HWT titles so he has a paper title.

thats just disgusting!
                  Last edited by The Big Dunn; 11-14-2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
                    I'm FelixTrindad from ESB, I have no alts here. I have never praised Vitali and always **** talk him whenever I can, but to say he is not an ATG HW is a ****ing joke.
                    We are not talking about ATG'S overall, we are talking about his weight class-which traditionally is one of the weakest weight classes in boxing. Vitali is an ATG.

ATG Heavyweight is what top 25? Is that a fair analysis? Top 25 all time? Name me 25 Heavyweights higher ranked than Vitali. GO

If you can't name 25 HW'S better than Vitali- he is an ATG Hw.
                    Top 15 or 20 is fair for ATG'ness at a weight, which Vitali is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Lewis was 37, close to his prime, not in bad shape, and highly motivated.

Wlad is almost 37 now, I don't hear anyone saying Wladimir is an old man.
                      Try again. Lewis was almost 38, out of shape and way past prime.
                      He was past prime against Tyson
                      He looked great against Tyson because Tyson wasn't past prime, he was shot lol.
                      When you are past prime you can obviously look great against a shot fighter.

Not to mention if the fight had gone on, Vitali would have been brutally knocked out.
                      Last edited by FightScorer; 11-14-2012, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X