Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of blow will Rios Gamboa blow to TR if the fight does not happen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to see Rios-Gamboa as well, 2 fighters I really like. But, if Top Rank is saying that Gamboa has to sign a long term contract extension when he signs to fight Rios, than how can you blame Gamboa??? On top of that, it's been widely reported that Gamboa is getting paid like s**t to jump 2 weight classes and fight a guy who's going to be a Super Welterweight on fight night.

Top Rank should pay Gamboa and not force him to sign a contract extension. Either way, I still hope we see Rios-Gamboa, which is as anticipated as Mayweather-Cotto and Pacquiao-Bradley to me.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      Duckboa? That's as lame as it gets.

How about a jr ww calling out a FW
      Well Reed if it was Rios that went looking for the fight, then we could call your post valid. However the fact is that it was duckboa that called out Rios. Got the fight made then ducked cold. After he was quoted of loving the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Well Reed if it was Rios that went looking for the fight, then we could call your post valid. However the fact is that it was duckboa that called out Rios. Got the fight made then ducked cold. After he was quoted of loving the deal.
        You in business?

You deal with contracts?

I do.

I can't recall how many times I work out a deal on the phone, everything sounds great... we get the contract, and it's worded in a way that was not described on the phone.

You don't know the details of the situation... all you hear is a few quotes... did you read the contract? Did you listen to what was "agreed" too?

No, of course you didn't.

Comment

Oner said Gamboa was happy with the money.

Gamboa hasn't said money is the issue, it's something else in the contract. Rumour being that this fight contract see's Gamboa tied to Top Rank for another number of years, which he doesn't want to be the case.

Comment

You in business?

You deal with contracts?

I do.

I can't recall how many times I work out a deal on the phone, everything sounds great... we get the contract, and it's worded in a way that was not described on the phone.

You don't know the details of the situation... all you hear is a few quotes... did you read the contract? Did you listen to what was "agreed" too?

I am just starting in business, thanks for asking.

Getting ready to sign my 1st contract.

Therefore I do too.

I hope that doesn't happen to me.

Quoted from his mouth. I'll go by that. Pavlik was dogged when he backed outa his fight. Just because duckboa is alittle fast & flashy doesn't mean he gets away with it............sorry.

Comment

This is why I've been holding my tongue on this issue. Like everyone else, I'm pissed that this fight is in jeopardy; but I simply don't know what all the facts are, what's been agreed to. I don't think there are too many people here that know what they're talking about when it comes to this subject. Maybe Gamboa deserves the blame, maybe he doesn't, but nearly everyone is just speculating. They're pointing fingers at Yuri because he's the most obvious target.

Comment

Therefore I do too.

Quoted from his mouth. I'll go by that. Pavlik was dogged when he backed outa his fight. Just because duckboa is alittle fast & flashy doesn't mean he gets away with it............sorry.
                man i would green you but i cant all out. Great post

Comment

If this was Rios backing out there would be endless threads saying he was a chicken blah blah blah

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                    The only blow is to himself. Now Gamboa is regarded as poosy chicken and will probably get sued for all he's got. Which I hope happens and I hope his career is ruined forever.
                    i dont post here much but you are by far the worst poster on this site, all your blind one-sided bull***** diick riding is annoying as hell

Comment

Therefore I do too

In other words, you don't.

I deal with contracts on a weekly basis for the past 9 years.

An example of one we just had last week, we hired a programming company to do some work for us... spoke over the phone, agreed on price... they faxed us over the contract to sign.

In the contract it specifies that they can never be held liable for the work they did after they have been paid. So, if we pay them, and 3 days later, their application they built for us crashes... it's on us and we have to pay them to fix something that should work in the first place.

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

According to you, if I dont sign that then I'm ducking, because "I already agreed and said it sounded great".

For all you know Gamboa WAS fine with the deal.. money sounded good and everything, they get the contract and there's things in the contract that are NOT ok. An example, would be that they pay Gamboa X amount, and by signing that contract he agrees to an extension (just an example)

Comment

Working...
                      X