Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Adrien Broner vs. Lucas Matthysse at 140 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Wins: Adrien Broner vs. Lucas Matthysse at 140 Lbs.

broner has captured the WBC lightweight belt after demolishing demarco in 8 rounds. what's next? i think he should move up to the 140 lbs division and face lucas matthysse for his WBO inter-continental light welterweight belt. both are promoted by GB, so it's a very doable fight and one which will definitely produce edge of your seat action.

broner is fast and powerful. he throws great combinations and is defensively sound.

matthysse on the other hand is a ferocious boxer-puncher and loves to push the pace.

if the fight happens (maybe mid 2013), i see matthysse trying to take control in the early rounds and land that wicked right hand of his. but broner's defense should be able to weather most of the storm. in the middle rounds, broner will start to warm up and exchange in the center of the ring. as the late rounds come in, broner's offense should be able to get through matthysse's average defense and break him down. matthysse has one of the most feared punches in boxing but broner's defense should be able handle it. broner wins by UD.

garcia should then be next but that's a different thread.

your thoughts?

Broner leaves the ring on a stretcher with the paramedic brushing his hair.

Comment

Lucas is one of the very few guys who can beat Broner at 140.

Comment

pick em fight

Comment

Broner by robbery (a la judah and alexander) or Matthysse by whichever means

Comment

I could see Broner winning a UD, Broner is a big lightweight and a move to 140 would do him no harm against a relentless boxer like Lucas.

Comment

tough. 50-50 for me. I was gonna say broner, but then remembering how relentless lucas is, I would say I need to say broner fight someone that resembles lucas, then make a decision. broner's still very young, hes gettin better and better...

Comment

The way people overrate Lucas is almost disturbing. I understand the "rooting for the underdog" mentality but it's almost nonsensical. It's a close close fight, depends on how Adrien can negate Lucas' power because Matthyse is ****ing relentless. It's the fight I want the second most (Garcia-Broner please) at 140 pounds.

Comment

this would be a insane fight for sure. i think this would be the fight to tell me how good broners defense rly is.

Comment

Would love it. Broner wins, although Lucas is a tough, hard hitting fighter that I enjoy watching.
                    Last edited by V.WEBB; 11-19-2012, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X