No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto To Start Selection Process Very Soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto To Start Selection Process Very Soon

According to former three division world champion Miguel Cotto (37-3, 30KOs), he will meeting with several promoters in the coming days to start the selection process for his next fight, scheduled to take place on December 1 at New York's Madison Square Garden.

[Click Here To Read More]

Alvarez, Alvarez, Alvarez!!!

Comment

I hope it's Alvarez.

Cotto-Alvarez would be a big payday for Cotto, and a big fight in general. If Cotto wins, he puts himself in line for another huge payday, possibly a Floyd rematch. And if Alvarez wins, it gets him a win over one of the Top fighters around 154 lbs, and puts him in line to fight Floyd.

I'm just worried that Cotto may be too big of a step up for Alvarez.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Cotto fight the N'Jikam guy for the MW title, so that Alvarez can fight in someone like Kirkland in December first. Than, have Alvarez-Cotto in May/June 2013.

If Cotto picks N'Jikam though, I'd be a little upset. I don't see why he wouldn't fight at least Pirog, Golovkin-Proksa winner, or Geale-Sturm winner to make that MW title much more legit. N'Jikam is in the Top 10, but it's a vacant title.

Comment

Canelo canelo Canelo

Comment

Cotto vs Lara would be a good fight.

Comment

Why is Njkam still in the running? Pirog will probably keep his WBO belt now.

Comment

Why do they keep mentioning the french guy?If he wants to move up he
              should mention the winner of chavez jr-martinez or ggg-proska.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                Why is Njkam still in the running? Pirog will probably keep his WBO belt now.
                Because Cotto has a thing for vacant titles.

Comment

"opponent selection" pffff. what happened to mandatory fights and eliminators? why do they even bother with rankings then?

Comment

Chavez-Sergio winner isn't really realistic for December 1st, unless Chavez wins. Sergio only fihgts every 5-7 months, so he won't fight until Feb-Apr 2013 probably. If Chavez wins, he could fight 2 1/2 months later against Cotto, but I'm sure Chavez is headed to 168 win or lose after Sergio.

Dmitry Pirog
                    Geale-Sturm winner
                    Golovkin-Proksa winner
                    Hassan N'Jikam

That's the order in how meanignful each fight would be. I don't see why he only wants to fight N'Jikam at 160, not the other 3 possibilities.

Comment

Working...
                    X