Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tarver vs Wlodarczyk in Play For April 28 on Showtime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tarver vs Wlodarczyk in Play For April 28 on Showtime?

According to promoter Andrzej Wasilewski, there is a "75% chance" that a deal will get closed for a cruiserweight unification between champions Krzysztof Wlodarczyk (46-2-1, 33KOs) of the WBC and Antonio Tarver (29-6, 20KOs) of the IBO. Wasilewski says the negotiations are "moving in the right direction and we could very well sign a contract in the near future."

[Click Here To Read More]

good news

these guys have to start looking to unify the titles, many good fights can be made

Comment

how is the ibo considered a unification bout?

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
        how is the ibo considered a unification bout?
        regardless of the paper titles involved, the best fighting the best is good news, and Tarver beating Green makes him one of the best, no matter which belt he grabbed in the process

don't forget the last 2 lineal heavyweight champs was/is carrying the IBO title around

Comment

WBC ordered him to rematch Palacios. Why he would face Tarver? Did beating Green earned you a title shot? WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
            good news

these guys have to start looking to unify the titles, many good fights can be made
            Agreed, at least somebody in the world of boxing is trying to unify some $ hit.

Comment

This fight can get Tarver into the mix as a top cruiserweight, provided he wins. I think his skills will be too much for Wlodarczyk.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
                WBC ordered him to rematch Palacios. Why he would face Tarver? Did beating Green earned you a title shot? WTF?
                TARVER beat GREEN more convincly than DIABLO(he was under on points over all three judges' cards before the KO);ANTONIO can outbox and punish KRYSTSZOF really easy also at 43y;i'm a fan of DIABLO but TARVER is better...

Comment

I'll be watching Hopkins-Dawson II anyway. I am actually very interested in that fight. I'll record this one probably.

Comment

Make this happen please, its a damn good fight at 200.

Comment

Working...
                    X