Black Fedor calling out Bones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Fedor calling out Bones

It is ****ing ridiculous.

He's calling out Frank Mir first since he was meant to fight him initially for this card. A fight where he plans on losing a bit more weight and then by the end of the year make that proper cut to 205. His friend/training partner Cain Velasquez is the champ and DC says he wants to be a champ but he can't fight Cain. He says he can make 205 with the right diet. It is definately easier for him to make it than Cain tbh. Cain weighs usually around 10 pounds more than DC and he is a bigger guy naturally + he is champ now so there is no reason for him to even think about moving down (personally I never thought he should have moved down anyway win or lose).

Jones can fight Sonnen, Gustaffson and then DC OR fight Mousasi instead of Gustaffson/DC depending on how things go. He has beaten everyone of name in the UFC apart from Henderson really. I really wanted to see Silva vs Jones but it seems due to DC that fight is put back.

Comment

Originally posted by led* View Post
      It is ****ing ridiculous.
      Can you explain what's ridiculous about it, or is that all you got?
      I think it's very intriguing. Cormeir's ring IQ far exceeds his experience. He is bold enough to walk up and lay hands on Jones (something he reacts poorly to). He certainly won't be out-wrestled. So, that leaves it on the feet. Cormeir has thus far shown great ability to compensate for his reach. I say it's a great fight, perhaps leading to rematches. We just have to see how Daniel handles 205.

And, BTW, Mir is almost tailor-made for Cormeir; big name, dangerous guy who offers absolutely no threat to Cormeir stylistically.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post

We just have to see how Daniel handles 205.

And, BTW, Mir is almost tailor-made for Cormeir; big name, dangerous guy who offers absolutely no threat to Cormeir stylistically.
        Do I need to explain when you have already answered it? You just have to see how he handles 205 ( and surprisingly with a 6'4'' who's only loss is disqualification, I guess I don't need to say who Bones beat at LHW).

Yea. That's all I got.

---

Mir is out of the question here. I am giving 60/40 Cormier over Mir.

-----

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
        He says he can make 205 with the right diet.
        I don't doubt if he can make the weight. I doubt if he can kick Bones ass. (I'd rather see DC fight Evans. And from there we can see how he'd fare against Bones).
        Last edited by led; 01-13-2013, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Do I need to explain when you have already answered it? You just have to see how he handles 205 ( and surprisingly with a 6'4'' who's only loss is disqualification, I guess I don't need to say who Bones beat at LHW).

Yea. That's all I got.

---

Mir is out of the question here. I am giving 60/40 Cormier over Mir.
          Yea, when a guy makes a thread I expect him to explain himself. I still don't know what you think is ridiculous. Some examples could be not earning it, not being able to make weight, stylistic issues, etc. Not trying to bicker with you. Just looking for something specific to discuss since I don't know what aspect you think is ridiculous.

Comment

Yea, when a guy makes a thread I expect him to explain himself. I still don't know what you think is ridiculous. Some examples could be not earning it, not being able to make weight, stylistic issues, etc. Not trying to bicker with you. Just looking for something specific to discuss since I don't know what aspect you think is ridiculous.
            My mistake. I should have meant that Cormier should test himself to other LHW first if he want to face Bones (to explain myself on saying ridiculous, just a reaction to him saying kicking Bones' ass, it's such a heavy word).
            Last edited by led; 01-13-2013, 11:34 PM.

Comment

I think it's very intriguing. Cormeir's ring IQ far exceeds his experience. He is bold enough to walk up and lay hands on Jones (something he reacts poorly to). He certainly won't be out-wrestled. So, that leaves it on the feet. Cormeir has thus far shown great ability to compensate for his reach. I say it's a great fight, perhaps leading to rematches. We just have to see how Daniel handles 205.

Well no threat anymore anyway. A younger Mir might have used some leg kicks and possibly pulled guard to submit him. But even in his younger days, he could've ran out of gas and got stopped by Cormier. These days though, Mir's chin is shot from age and all the big shots he's taken. The Mir that took all those punches from Freeman might have had a shot against Cormier, but not now.

As for Jones, DC should thrown him down a couple of times, maybe put him up against the cage and land some shots and then throw those heavy hands on Bones, I like DC's chances in that. It won't be one sided though, Jones has some good kickboxing and has not stayed on top of 205 for this long for nothing.

Comment

My mistake. I should have meant that Cormier should test himself to other LHW first if he want to face Bones (to explain myself on saying ridiculous, just a reaction to him saying kicking Bones' ass, it's such a heavy word).
                I very much agree about jumping directly to an incredibly dominant champ right after his first big weight cut. He'd benefit from taking on one of the many "contenders" (Shogun, Machida, T Silva, Evans, etc, etc). I wouldn't argue his merit, but jump Maybe rushed and foolish.
                Last edited by Redd Foxx; 01-14-2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Who is Black Fedor?

Comment

It's kind of disrespectful to Fedor to give Comier his name. He hasn't done **** on the level of Fedor to get that type of respect. Jones is closer to being Fedor than Cormier at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X