No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto V (Official Thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'GTA V' Shatters 7 Guinness World Records

We already knew Grand Theft Auto V was a gaming powerhouse, but now Guinness Book of World Records has confirmed it.

The record-keeping publication confirmed Tuesday that the game had broken seven records, including the record for fastest-selling video game franchise and fastest-selling entertainment franchise. Take-Two Interactive, which owns Rockstar Games, revealed that the game sold $800 million in its first day and reached the $1 billion mark in three days.

Below is a list of the seven records now officially held by Grand Theft Auto V:

Best-selling action-adventure video game in 24 hours

Best-selling video game in 24 hours

Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion

Fastest video game to gross $1 billion

Highest grossing video game in 24 hours

Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours

Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure video game

"Gaming is no longer a niche hobby, as GTA V has proved, and how exciting that it's taken on the might of Hollywood and won," said Craig Glenday, the editor in chief of Guinness Book of World Records. "GTA totally deserves to be recognized as an icon of modern British culture, and we're thrilled to be able to feature the game in the record books."
    http://mashable.com/2013/10/08/guinn...nness-records/

Comment

• Comment

• Ey Reed did you send the invite? I dont see anything on social club or on gta. King Meat is banned but I cant post in the online thread because Im on his ignore list for some reason.

Comment

• It says pending request....

Comment

• Is there anywhere to discuss the ending? I have a ? but don't want to ruin anything for anyone.

Comment

• Comment

• Trevor is awesome in real life LMAO!!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    Trevor is awesome in real life LMAO!!

Trevor is the ****ing man .

Comment

Working...
                    X