No announcement yet.

How do you rate Eminem as lyricist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    People rag on Em a lot for mentioning Kim a lot in his songs, but it was the original piece that started that trend. Furthermore, its the ultimate swan song for any man who has been ****ed over by a woman he loved.

You know you want to listen.

Got to love the song that followed up after, "Just the two of us"... lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
      nothing and nobody in the INDUSTRY is credible

a new wave of hip hop heads emerged from outta nowhere and started making hip hop laws going completely against the grain...I love to listen to so called hip hop heads down play Tupac's legacy and uplift these dudes spitting today...thats my problem with the new wave of heads...Tupac left the earth at age 25...most of the dudes they say are lyrically stronger are in their 30's..if you rate Em so high, where do you rate Tupac...over Em or under Em?!?

its not how Pac said things..its WHAT he said that seperates him from clones/clowns today....just had to endorse my PERSONAL fav emcee in here
      Couldn't agree more. Content should always come before style. Thats why mainstream hip hop has been so terrible for years. Nobody has anything to say. For the record I rate Tupac above Em, no question.

Comment

Forget about how amazing his flow is or how great he is at storytelling - I want someone to show me one single rap track with more emotion in it than 'Kim'.

Comment

• Originally posted by piye View Post
          Eminem is Garbage full stop he makes trash msic that appeals to trailer park trash. and now we have all of these non rap fans calling him an ATG these people who have not listened to much rap at all and don't know the origins of hip hop outside of google.

The guy is a below average rapper and does not have a classic album. no one over the age of 25 from the hip hop era rates Eminem as anything more than a gimmick.
          Your hate must have been blinding you bro. We're talking about him as a lyricist and not as album-seller.

And please quit implying that you're a real hiphopper, you're just embarassing yourself.

Comment

Forget about how amazing his flow is or how great he is at storytelling - I want someone to show me one single rap track with more emotion in it than 'Kim'.

Last edited by Hitman Hodgson; 01-30-2013, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
              Got to love the song that followed up after, "Just the two of us"... lol
              I always thought Just the Two of Us was so much more messed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I always thought Just the Two of Us was so much more messed up.
                Yeah, bringing your child on the track that is about the dead mother/wife... lol messed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  Yeah, bringing your child on the track that is about the dead mother/wife... lol messed up.
                  I understand why Kim gets all the attention, but come on! He did a song about dumping the bodies of his dead wife and her new husband into the ocean, with his daughter helping. How is that not more messed up than a song about killing them? Especially because of the calm and almost cheery tone of it.

What a great song that is though.

Comment

• Since it hasn't been brought up yet, Eminem became relevant in hip hop by completely biting Cage's style. It happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by piye View Post
                      You don't know hip hop hence why you rate em so highly your only argument is 'everyone else likes him so I must be right' you are a sheep I don't give a **** what everyone else thinks the world is full of idiots. Scarface is one of the best ever and I know that you have never heard the diary or the fix because if you had you wouldn't try to rate em over him I guarantee you don't even know who the ghetto boys are.

You are not Hip hop can you are an eminem stan. The fact that you can't name five better emcees shows how limited the amount if hip hop you have heard is. You probably think jada is top 5 too.
                      I don't know hip hop......yet you rate Redman above Em lyrically. You're a walking contradictory homie. The fact you think Em is garbage is enough for people to not listen to your opinion.

By the way, I think Jada is overrated. I'd place Rakim, Nas, and KRS-One up there with Em lyrically. Pun and L are dope but I mean what could they do that Em couldn't do better?
                      Last edited by 4Corners; 01-30-2013, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X