No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arthur Abraham: I'm Very Proud, It Was My Dream

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arthur Abraham: I'm Very Proud, It Was My Dream

Arthur Abraham (35-3, 27KOs) says he achieved his dream on Saturday night at the O2 World Arena in Berlin, Germany. He won a twelve round unanimous decision over compatriot Robert Stieglitz to capture the WBO super middleweight championship. Abraham became a two-division world champion.

[Click Here To Read More]

Not wishing to piss on AA's fireworks but let's get it in perspective. He's got the easiest belt at 168 after failing against two legit champs in Ward and Froch.

Comment

Compatriot? technically correct maybe but one is Armenian while the other is Russian.

Robert Stieglitz's real name is Sergey Shtikhlits
      Arthur Abraham's real name is Avetik Abrahamyan

Comment

I'm an Abraham fan, but he should be ashamed to say that he fought until the end. He took those last few rounds off completely. The 12th round was pathetic and disgraceful on his part. I had it a draw, but no argument with the decision.

Comment

Congratulations to Abe he won a fight

Abe won a fight and got a meaningless belt that means nothing. If Abe can beat froch or kessler or Dirrell then he is a champ. Till then nothing changes outside of the fact Steiglitz is a bum.

Comment

this should be proof for all of you that a alphabet belt means nothing, and that they're used to generate money and produce the fights that promotors, networks, and sanctioning bodies want, and nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by horaceharter View Post
              Abe won a fight and got a meaningless belt that means nothing. If Abe can beat froch or kessler or Dirrell then he is a champ. Till then nothing changes outside of the fact Steiglitz is a bum.
              dirrell really hasn't done anything himself. he fought a close fight with froch which i thought he won, but i wont complain that he wasn't awarded the decision. many of the rounds were close, and dirrell was not behaving like a professional boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
                I'm an Abraham fan, but he should be ashamed to say that he fought until the end. He took those last few rounds off completely. The 12th round was pathetic and disgraceful on his part. I had it a draw, but no argument with the decision.
                Hahahah can't argue with this. The guy was probably trolling when he said it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Compatriot? technically correct maybe but one is Armenian while the other is Russian.

Robert Stieglitz's real name is Sergey Shtikhlits
                  Arthur Abraham's real name is Avetik Abrahamyan
                  I think you mean "technically incorrect" but factually correct. They belong to 2 different countries but are both now based in their adopted country, Germany. An example of; "de Jure, and de facto'.....

i think he should stay away from Dirrell, if their previous fight is anything to go by. Very mobile, moving targets are a no-no. Even Kessler or Froch would be better, at least good action, watchable fights.

Comment

Credit to Abe for lifting a SMW title, but he should seriously move back down to MW and challenge Macklin or Murray...

Comment

Working...
                    X