Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm ashamed of myself...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're only 15, theres no rush. Boxing should be a hobby, something you enjoy. Don't let it stress you out.

If your sparring doesn't improve, or you feel unprepared for the competition.......don't do it, there will be many other competitions for when you are ready.

You can spend the next 5 years working on your form, fitness and sparring.............and you'll still be young then!!

Comment

You get good nights and bad nights bro, such is life.

Comment

dont get disappointed, the amount of times as a boxer you will feel down are countless..but how many times will you get up? i should have entered 5 championships..i got injured or someone died before each of them...and all of that hard training, diet, no ice creams, no pizza stuff i made went for nothing..and i still say "its ok..i will do it next time", being good doesnt come in a day and being bad doesnt happen in a day, its takes time and time, you do more endurance training than i do...yet i think i still have more stamina, anyways, keep it up, whenever you feel down, look at the negative side of what will happen if u stop boxing or if u got lazy. for those who lost matches before this is very effective cuz the feeling of losing a match is killing, no one want to feel it again, so... after looking at the negative, look at the positive and compare and choose which way you wanna live, being a pro boxer famous around the world? or some random guy that does nothing but eating chips on the sofa? train hard, train more, training is the only thing that will never betray u! good luck!

Comment

thank you everyone for the kind words, may god bless you all!

i had a rough week, i was doing mass boxing and sparring 6 times a week and nothing improved. im trying my best to make my skills the best as possible but nothing went well. ive been doing my roadwork regularly, 5~6 times a week 4~7km including maybe 1~2 sprints during the longer run.

i actually don't have stamina so i was really concerned about it, so much that i gas out in the middle of the 1st round, but my friend told me that it might be the fact that i don't breath during padworks/sparrings.

does breathing help you even a little during training? sorry im being a noob here but no one ever taught me the importance and the fundamentals of breathing :-/

Comment

if there is no difference, then pro fighters wouldnt put on a mask so its harder to breath=harder workout you must breath in every punch, yes, it makes a huge difference!

Comment

thanks man, sorry it might be like such a noob question but... how do you breath? as in, you breath from your nose or mouth?

Comment

Originally posted by moneymayforever View Post
                thanks man, sorry it might be like such a noob question but... how do you breath? as in, you breath from your nose or mouth?
                Both, but breath mostly with your nose because it will keep your pulse lower then if you are mouth breathing.
                Exhale when you punch but not to much when you throw combinations.
                And as I have told you a hundred times now bro, you have to relax.
                When you are tense you waste so much energy and every punch drains your stamina.
                Relax your shoulders and your arms and torso will get relaxed.
                Last edited by Mohammedini; 10-11-2011, 10:05 AM.

Comment

thanks ma, today i sparred (will post another thread about it and a youtube video )
                  and i breathed, it still tired me but it actually was aLOT better!!
                  haha
                  but the pad work after that just killed me, only i was able to do like 1 R of it, maybe it was because i wasn't breathing as well, ill try to breath on a regular basis

Comment

BTw your coaches/coach still sound lousy.
                    Making everything a horrible over complicated process and making you overthink EVERYTHING.
                    Also not coaching you during your first sparring and telling you how to conserve energy.
                    Instead he tells you to throw 1-2's for 5-10 min's lol on the sidelines.
                    Usually a Coach is supposed to analyse how you are doing in sparring and tell you what to work on.
                    OFC everyone has a hard times pacing themself in their first sessions.
                    And OFC you aren't extending your punches fully cuz you never do it while shadowboxing.
                    This is something that your coaches should have corrected much earlier.

"Speed and form" lol when a person is over thinking a physical action and are stiff it is very hard to work on your "speed and form".
                    They keep throwing things at you that confuses you, make you stiff and tense.

BTW everyone has a bad training session now and again.
                    It happens, don't over think it.
                    BTW keep asking for sparring and focus on loosening up your tense boxing stance.
                    Shadow box nonstop for 30 sec-1 min intervals in fullspeed and with fully extended punches.

Comment

Just keep on showing up and working hard. In time things will just fall into place for you.

Boxing isn't something that is mastered in a year or even 2 years. I fought for 14 years and there are still things to work on, minor tweeks and such.

While you would like to be perfect in form during your training a guys first bout against another novice usually will turn out pretty ugly with little skill displayed.

My advice when you are sparring is to just get your shots off first and get them off straight. Worry more about touching your opponent than hitting him with style and grace, that will come later.

Everybody has off days. Just be sure to show up the next day with a fresh mind and perspective.

Good luck with it..........Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                      X