No announcement yet.

If Wlad dropped the WBO belt?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Wlad dropped the WBO belt?

If Wlad dropped the WBO belt to fight an actual worthy contender or to even just put ab an to the idiocy that are the ABC groups would he be more respected or hated because of it?
    respected
    88.24%
    hated
    11.76%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    If Wlad dropped the WBO belt to fight an actual worthy contender or to even just put ab an to the idiocy that are the ABC groups would he be more respected or hated because of it?
    more respected without a doubt. of course the haters will probably call it a duck but most would respect that decision

Comment

What's the issue with the WBO?

Comment

obv more respected

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          The WBO isn't a major belt anyway so trashcan the worthless thing.

Comment

If there were top contenders screaming for a fight and worthy of a fight, the belt would have to be dropped. Seeing how nobody is really ready to step up, considering this will be the first of hopefully 3 fights next year, he may aswell hold on to the belt and take the fight.

Who is out there who deserves and really wants the fight? Who is out there trying to force the fight?

I'm not defending this fight, Alex Leapai doesn't deserve to be in the ring fighting for The Heavyweight title, but who else is there? Wlad has just beat the highest ranked heavyweight outside of his family.

Comment

I'd respect him a bit more if he dropped it to fight someone who can give him a decent contest.

Comment

He should definetely keep it so he can become undisputed champion when Vitali retires which hopefully will be soon.

Comment

For years people (myself included) were clamoring for someone to unify the division and for all intents and purposes, Wlad has done that. He's got the WBO, WBA, IBF, IBO and Ring belts; and will make a run for the WBC belt once his brother retires.

In the late 90's to early-mid 2000's you had multiple titlists holding a piece of the hw crown. Ruiz, Valuev, Byrd, Brewster, et al frequently defended their titles, lost them only to regain them again. There was no 'real' hw champion and it really was a ****in' mess. With Wlad at least you have some certainty and clarity that he's the man or the real champ albeit however boring his fights can be.

Wlad isn't gonna drop the title; it means too much to him to be the 'unified hw champion.

That said, this title defense against Lepeai is ****in' weak. It seems like Wlad has avoided his IBF#1 mandatory Pulev to some degree. We'll see how it shakes out this year. If he fight Lepeai and then Pulev then I'll give him a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    He should definetely keep it so he can become undisputed champion when Vitali retires which hopefully will be soon.
                    In my opinion paper titles mean nothing. Its the lineal title that counts. People already know Wlad is the true champ. A title cant define him unless it is negatively such as in this instance.

Comment

Working...
                    X