Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the tougher fight for Floyd Austin Trout or Canelo Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trout was huge compared to cotto. I think Floyd would be at a huge size disadvantage with any true JMW

Comment

there's no doubt it's austin trout....

Comment

In my opinion Floys UDs both, but the tougher fight physically would be Canelo but the one closer on the cards at the end would be Trout

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
          In my opinion Floys UDs both, but the tougher fight physically would be Canelo but the one closer on the cards at the end would be Trout
          Can you explain this 1 to me. I don't believe ginger poses a threat to Floyd in the slightest. I see Floyd keeping ginger in the center of the ring & beating him like a drum.

Comment

Trout. He's huge and skilled and would take Mayweather completely out of his comfort zone.

Comment

Stylistically tougher: Trout
              Physically tougher: Canelo

A physically tough fight now for Floyd would be the over all tougher fight. Floyd can deal with a stylistically tough fight with Malignaggi 2.0, but he would come up with something busted against Canelo.

Trout would go in there and box, and he will not outbox Floyd. If anything at 36, you make Floyd's life easier if you want to box him. If you come in there and make it physical, and have power, you take some years away from Floyd's boxing career. Troutanaggi isn't hurting Floyd or outboxing him. Pleae GBP make Canelo-Trout, so 1. Canelo gets a win over a top 3/good JMW, 2. Canelo haters would STFU.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Trout. He's huge and skilled and would take Mayweather completely out of his comfort zone.
                Floyd's comfort zone is boxing. That's what Trout does, and with no power too.

Floyd gets uncomfortable with constant pressure and power, Trout has neither of these.

Comment

Trout.

More so based on the fact he's more proven than Canelo.

I think he's more skilled aswell and poses more problems stylistically but at this point, I just don't know how good Canelo really is.

Comment

Trout is a good fighter with a style to bother floyd but he gets a bit overrated. Watched the cotto fight and while he won it wasnt amazing. Floyd performed better against cotto than trout while being a lot smaller.

Still to answer the question he is more proven than canelo and so I think his chances against floyd are a lot better than canelos both by being proven and based on styles.

I will be really really surprised if they let Canelo fight trout. Canelo wants that fight because fighters have egos and he thinks he can beat trout easily but the business people know that is a HUGE risk when the floyd fight is all but guaranteed. Sort of like Chavez had to practically beg TR for the right to fight Martinez. Chavez wanted it bad because he has an ego but TR did not want that fight at all. If canelo doesnt basically demand the trout fight it wont happen.
                    Last edited by elfag; 01-20-2013, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      Can you explain this 1 to me. I don't believe ginger poses a threat to Floyd in the slightest. I see Floyd keeping ginger in the center of the ring & beating him like a drum.
                      Trout would box Floyd, Canelo would try to hurt Floyd.

In the end, Canelo probably softens Floyd up a bit even in losing, makes him closer to retirement, or probably makes him want to retire even if he wins.

Trout would do no damage to Floyd, Floyd probably decides to continue fighting after going to 12 with the pillow-powered wonder.

Comment

Working...
                      X