No announcement yet.

Ayo Atheists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. But I've banged quite a few.

I couldn't stand the intellectual dishonesty, especially if they are fundamentalists.

Comment

My current girlfriend isn't religious but she's somewhat spiritual (she's a rastafari or some bull crap like that). Anyway we don't really discuss the subject cause I win everytime.

Comment

At this point my child believes in a GOD, but not from any specific religion. Shes somewhat familiar with all the popular religions and understands different people believe in different things. When she's old enough I'l discuss my personal beliefs with her.

Comment

If an atheist tried to turn my child from religion, I would ***** slap that mofo verbally.
          In the same way you would undoubtedly have turned your child to religion?

I always say, there are two sides to a story. When I teach something, I explain what the opposite is in a fair manner.
          There are two sides to every story that doesn't mean they both deserve equal merit.

Some of these atheists are too extreme and won't even consider listening.
          A lot of things religious people say don't deserve to be listened to. They offer no proof or rationale.

In fact a lot of the murderers in the World are atheists even though the media try to suggest murders today are associated to religions
          Religious extremists are terrorists and kill in the name of religion, Hitler also killed in the name of religion. No-one has ever killed in the name of Atheism.

It is a dangerous belief to be an atheist.
          What utter nonsense.
          That's like me saying it's dangerous to be a Muslim because there are extremist terrorists, it's just so daft.

Look at all the recent school/cinema shootings in the US. I believe all were atheists.
          Look at all the civilian bombings in Afghanistan I believe all the perpetrators were religious?
          Secondly, just because they don't practice a religion does not mean they are atheist.

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
          The gangs in LA are mostly atheists. I fear for my life when I am in the hood. West side.
          Proof gangs in LA are mostly atheists, or was that one made up?
          Last edited by Barn; 01-08-2013, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Its not a biggie to me. Many religious people i know keep their faith to themselves, and it never infringes on rational everyday decisions, or how they should treat others.
            I think for most intelligent people, their faith is something they practice only when praying or going to church. Its like meditating a few times a week in private. It helps them, and they dont question it too much.

As for kids, my niece has been taught a few things about God and Jesus by her school. She is curious and intelligent and thinks it could be true in the same way the tooth fairy is true (her exact words lol). So im not worried. If it was up to me, id get her thinking about all the reasons people believe in God, and tell her how important it is to always question things and look for evidence, plus how silly it can be to explain the unknown with ghosts, fairies, gods and magic.
            I think its a good thing for kids to be introduced to what religion is, as long as they are told how different people all over the world believe in very different things. Keeping kids ignorant isnt smart.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              Actually, every girl I've ever dated has identified themselves as an agnostic.

I even debate them quite a bit, because there is no such thing as a true agnostic. They don't exist. Like unicorns or BBWs.
              oh wtfff

I just googled that

Comment

Once again, nobody gets curious about religion without first being introduced to it.

It would literally never happen.
                Well maybe not today with the knowledge we have but the reason religion and god came to be is because man couldn't answer the questions about nature he had.

So he invented god to answer them. I think there is a "god gene" and man is predisposed to create something greater than himself. We love ritual and pageantry in one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                  The gangs in LA are mostly atheists. I fear for my life when I am in the hood. West side.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  The fuck you talkin about?

Bunch of cholos here got Our Lady of Guadalupe tatted on their back....

Comment

I never have dated a person of 'faith' and I never will, because intelligence is a big turn on for me
                    lmao.

My girl doesn't drink the Jesus juice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      Well maybe not today with the knowledge we have but the reason religion and god came to be is because man couldn't answer the questions about nature he had.

So he invented god to answer them. I think there is a "god gene" and man is predisposed to create something greater than himself. We love ritual and pageantry in one way or the other.
                      Obviously I was speaking in regards to modern society.

Once upon a time it was the only explanation. Thankfully, that time is long gone.

Comment

Working...
                      X