No announcement yet.

Am I a hypocrite because....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I a hypocrite because....

I own a gun and in the past here been so anti gun?

Here is my stance so you can tell me if I am or not. In life I consider myself to be a realist, I'm a very logical and practical person, I believe in evolution, science even though I was raised Roman Catholic.

I tend to reject things that I can't see or experience myself. When it comes to guns, I wish I could live in a world without them, I see them as very harmful to society and the notion that "people kill people, guns don't kill people" is silly to me because yes it's the person that is evil but the gun also makes killing easy.

Because there are so many people with guns, especially here in Florida and so much crime, I don't want to be the only one without a gun. I know it won't guarantee my safety or that of my family but just in case I can get to my gun in time and it save my life is enough for me.

Even though they don't happen often, those cases do exist. Like I said, I would want a country or world without guns but that's not happening so I would rather have one.

Is that hypocritical of me?
    Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 08-27-2012, 01:45 PM.

Nah, I'm not very pro gun either... But Im buying one to at least keep in my bedroom... Not going to be carrying it around, but if someone breaks into my house, I have to defend my family.

Comment

i dont think so

it's better to have and not need than to need and not have

Comment

I would hate to live in the USA. Too many dickheads with guns.

It is about time they sorted that out

Comment

I'm prone to occasional poor decision making and a heavy drinker...no way is there going to be a gun in my house. I don't trust myself not to end up doing something stupid with it like shoot the neighbors dog. Or be in a suburban white neighborhood firing it into the air at midnight on holidays . It just wouldn't be a good idea.

Comment

Yea it sucks, I just got a glock 23 yesterday. I don't want to have one to be honest but everyone seems to have one and it's like the fukin wild west.

I don't know if I will get a concealed permit though, not sure about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Here is my stance so you can tell me if I am or not. In life I consider myself to be a realist, I'm a very logical and practical person, I believe in evolution, science even though I was raised Roman Catholic.
              That is not uncommon. Roman Catholics are taught and believes in evolution.

Comment

I grew up around guns and own a few myself...many don't respect guns that's why gun owners are giving bad names...God forbid someone breaks in my home I wouldn't want to feel helpless against some mother fu•ker...my duty is to defend my family at all times...your not been a hypocrite you're thinking smart...

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  i dont think so

it's better to have and not need than to need and not have
                  what I always say to first time buyers........^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Xweetie
                    Is that hypocritical of me?
                    -nah mam, you're just one fellah in the crowd,

to be outstanding you gotta be like julia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GavGVdnibvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A27Rf...eature=related
                    WTF did I just watch and why did I watch most of it?

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                    That is not uncommon. Roman Catholics are taught and believes in evolution.
                    Yes you are right but I was taught about Adam and Even and so on. I'm not Roman Catholic anymore though.

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                    I grew up around guns and own a few myself...many don't respect guns that's why gun owners are giving bad names...God forbid someone breaks in my home I wouldn't want to feel helpless against some mother fu•ker...my duty is to defend my family at all times...your not been a hypocrite you're thinking smart...
                    Yea, that's my biggest concern. There are a lot of break in's here in South Florida. Some lady just got raped in a Walmart parking lot last weekend too, I worry about my wife being about on her own.

Comment

Working...
                    X