Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd Beats Martinez at 160 will he be the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cawadoody View Post
    Floyd's a small WW?
    Yea he was 150 on fight night with Ortiz..people like Berto,Clottey,Margo,Shane were big ww's

Comment

Beating Martinez who is a p4p fighter and considering the fight is at 160 lbs will be good for his resume. I doubt it will catapult FMW to the GOAT status. But it will certainly help his case.

Comment

small WW couldn't make weight against a LW

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
          Yea he was 150 on fight night with Ortiz..people like Berto,Clottey,Margo,Shane were big ww's
          i wouldn't believe anything floyd says

he said his left hand was injured, he was sick, and came in at 147 vs cotto
          everytime he underperformes he's got a ton of excuses and never nothing to prove it

he should start with showing his fight night weight, i dont see the point in hiding it, only to come out and say what it is later
          Last edited by SplitSecond; 11-14-2012, 02:57 AM.

Comment

if mayweather just tries to back pedal and time martinez coming in the whole night, that would absolutely would have no effect since martinez has a tested chin against opposition twice as much if not more power compared to mayweather's. martinez has the all the qualities that make him perfect for mayweather's style, speed, power, footwork, punches in bunches and most of all, a southpaw stance.

even if mayweather somehow get a gift decision, it doesn't make him the GOAT

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
              Then chances are...

Originally posted by AnKhang View Post
              Beating Martinez who is a p4p fighter and considering the fight is at 160 lbs will be good for his resume. I doubt it will catapult FMW to the GOAT status. But it will certainly help his case.
              The fight will take place at 154. If Mayweather can't really go up to 160 (He was 151 AT THE WEIGH IN for Cotto) Then he probably won't fight for the MW title. Though if he did...That'd probably be ridiculous. Especially if he shut Martinez out too? Dominate performance and everything? I doubt it but if he really did that...Yeah. You can't say he wasn't p4p one of the best. Not that you can now but no one can argue it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                i wouldn't believe anything floyd says

he said his left hand was injured, he was sick, and came in at 147 vs cotto
                everytime he underperformes he's got a ton of excuses and never nothing to prove it

he should start with showing his fight night weight, i dont see the point in hiding it, only to come out and say what it is later
                This is all true, and has never even been confirmed.

Comment

Working...
                X