No announcement yet.

Johnson: Pacquiao fights dead men

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
    Not sure if johnson is really a pachater or just jealous he never got the opportunity some of the caliber of fighters pacquiao has faced. The whole dead men claim has been done to death and has proven itself false over and over and over.

Barrera after being ko'd by pac went on a 4yr win streak. Olympic medalist rocky juarez couldnt beat him. Marquez could barely beat him before being completely dismantled by pac again.

Morales was such a dead man that just this year many believe beat madaina. The same madaina who's in his prime and knocked out victor ortiz.

Marquez couldnt be stopped by the much younger juan diaz or katsidis either.

Cotto just avenged the only other loss in his career and all you would have to do is look at the front page of nsb to see to see how few people think is shot to the point of no return.
    I agree with this.. after watching Morales come out of retirement and do what he did against Maidana.. I give Pac a lot more credit now.

Barrera hadn't lost since Morales and was on a win streak when Pacquiao fought him the first time.. (he was old when he fought him the second time though)

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
      In B4 the flame war. My prediction arm chair warriors will say Johnson is just bitter, jealous, racist, and don't know shiet about boxing. Others will retaliate with insults and sarcastic humor and it will be on.
      someone calling not only a champion boxer, but an inductee of the hall of fame as not knowing anything about boxing?

yeah, i'd like to see someone say something that stupid.

nonetheless, Johnson has a right to his own opinions. He could have chosen to be a gracious champion and compliment Manny for his accomplishments, OR demean the accomplishments of another champion.

pity he chose to do the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
        Are you seriously saying Mosley, Oscar, Marg weren't dead men?
        did you ignore my initial reply to the thread on purpose to nitpick details??? Or is that a lefitimate question???

Thats 3 fighters out of a long list of supposedly dead fighters pacquiao has faced and time havent proved otherwise. But if you're re really gonna take those 3guys and run with it then theres no comparison between johnson and delahoya either since oscar retired a higher number of dead, formerly great fighters.

Comment

A forgotten wanna B remembered... poor dude!

Who did Johnson really impress during his days? This is just one jealous dude who is living in a world of "I wish I was Pacman." Pacman went from a flyweight to a welterweight champion with ease, and beating bigger men along the way. Something that Johnson could never do. Pacman will be remembered 100 years from now as the greatest fighter of all times. Johnson is already forgotten after this recently hall of fame entry.

Comment

did you ignore my initial reply to the thread on purpose to nitpick details??? Or is that a lefitimate question???

Thats 3 fighters out of a long list of supposedly dead fighters pacquiao has faced and time havent proved otherwise. But if you're re really gonna take those 3guys and run with it then theres no comparison between johnson and delahoya either since oscar retired a higher number of dead, formerly great fighters.
            Uhh... Johnson specifically mentioned Oscar, Mosley and Marg.. they were dead men. I don't agree that the quality of opposition that Johnson faced is anywhere near Pac but yes Pac has been fighting dead men. Basically waited for Marquez for years until giving him a rematch, Marquez wasn't a dead man so to speak but he was old and been in grueling recent wars before Pac decided to fight him again.

Comment

Not sure if johnson is really a pachater or just jealous he never got the opportunity some of the caliber of fighters pacquiao has faced. The whole dead men claim has been done to death and has proven itself false over and over and over.

Barrera after being ko'd by pac went on a 4yr win streak. Olympic medalist rocky juarez couldnt beat him. Marquez could barely beat him before being completely dismantled by pac again..
              in what way did manny ever dismantle marquez after the 1st round of the 1st fight?

you're not understanding what johnson is saying are you? he's not dissing manny's entire career, he's dissing the level of opposition he's faced in recent years. that's why he said "de la hoya, mosley, margarito" because right now he is seen as NUMBER 1 P4P fighter in the world. he is simply saying that he is fooling people into thinking he's a legend by fighting big names that are past their best days, which is true. notice how he said later in the interview:
              "When Pacquiao finally fought Juan Manuel Marquez again, it was a guy that was 40 percent dead, and the guy controlled the whole fight"
              he did not say marquez was a dead guy or that he sucked from the beginning of the first fight, he said it regarding to the recent 3rd fight they had.

Comment

Originally posted by shush View Post
                Who did Johnson really impress during his days? This is just one jealous dude who is living in a world of "I wish I was Pacman." Pacman went from a flyweight to a welterweight champion with ease, and beating bigger men along the way. Something that Johnson could never do. Pacman will be remembered 100 years from now as the greatest fighter of all times. Johnson is already forgotten after this recently hall of fame entry.
                Who the hell is Johnson anyway?

I'm freaking close to 30 and I never heard of him.

No, I'm googling the guy out.

Comment

In B4 the flame war. My prediction arm chair warriors will say Johnson is just bitter, jealous, racist, and don't know shiet about boxing. Others will retaliate with insults and sarcastic humor and it will be on.
                  "These ignorant dumb ass mutha****as never even heard of 'Too Sharp' Johnson, until the name Pacquiao rolled off his tongue today. Another fighter whose jockstrap Hypejob couldn't even hold way back when he was fighting Kalesa drivers over seas."

The Truck

Comment

I'm usually the first to do what's in bold, but I'll take a step away from that to say this............why is there so much hating going on in boxing?

It's sad that people can't accept the fact Manny is a great fighter.

I say this because how can anyone say that Cotto, Clottey, Marquez or even Margarito were dead mean in their bouts?

I can definitely see Mosley as I feel that was a ridiculous fight, but it's funny to me how people are using that to define Manny's career.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                      Uhh... Johnson specifically mentioned Oscar, Mosley and Marg.. they were dead men. I don't agree that the quality of opposition that Johnson faced is anywhere near Pac but yes Pac has been fighting dead men. Basically waited for Marquez for years until giving him a rematch, Marquez wasn't a dead man so to speak but he was old and been in grueling recent wars before Pac decided to fight him again.
                      I don't see how that's Manny's fault. No one is to blame for that but Oscar himself as he set the weight, stipulations etc, and on top of that decided to prove a point by coming in lighter than Manny.

I mean if your opponent doesn't show up, who's fault is that? This is also why I don't blame the Klitschko's when there opponents show up fat and out of shape....only to get demolished.

Comment

Working...
                      X