No announcement yet.

Is Maidana This Generation's Gatti?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Maidana This Generation's Gatti?

dude's got heart, KO power and 3 FOTY candidates.

with Ortiz

with Khan

and with the exact recount of Rocky 6 with Morales

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3xhjGTsM8c

Not sure. His chin is suspect though.

Comment

Nope.

He's exciting, but his FOTY nominees are not even close to Gatti's FOTY fights.

Comment

he's close, not there yet, only time will tell..........

gatti did it 98% of the time he went into the ring..... there are very few gatti fights that it was ALL GATTI, all the rest it was all about what gatti was going to overcome to win the fight....... is what made him the most exciting fighter to watch.......

the human highlight reel........ he went down he got up to win, he would be losing every minute of every round then to win by ko..... gatti would be cut over both eyes can't see and told they would stop the fight, he goes out and wins by ko......

whenever gatti looked like he was out, he found a way to win in the most dramatic and exciting fashion.....

only time will tell with maidana............ and i hope so, i really like maidana for what he brings into the world of boxing, he's a tough bastard and he's good for the sport.....

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          Nope.

Agree.

When someone asks you why you watch boxing, pop in Gatti/Ward I and they'll turn into a boxing freak by the time the fight is over.

The most entertaining fight I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            Nope.

Its harsh comparing him to Gatti and his FOTY's, they were insane fights.

Just enjoy Maidana for what he is, a relentless beast who is going to give you some good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
              dude's got heart, KO power and 3 FOTY candidates.

with Ortiz

with Khan

and with the exact recount of Rocky 6 with Morales

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3xhjGTsM8c
              I get the point you're trying to make.

I think he's the closest thing to Gatti that we've gotten since Gatti...

Maidana vs Ortiz was very Gatti ish...

Maidana had the perfect opportunity to be the next Gatti if he would've gotten off the canvas and KO'd Khan.

Comment

Obviously never going to see another Gatti. He was one of a kind.

If I had to appoint someone "Gatti-ish".... maybe Katsidis?

Comment

all he requires is a micky ward and he will be this generation gatti! him and lucas need to go at it or rios and you will see some serious fights!

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                    all he requires is a micky ward and he will be this generation gatti! him and lucas need to go at it or rios and you will see some serious fights!
                    I would love to see these fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X