Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of this underrated achievement by Muhammad Ali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of this underrated achievement by Muhammad Ali?

Muhammad Ali beat ken norton,joe frazier and george foreman within a span of 12 months (oct1973-oct1974)

Its one thing to beat hall of famers..but to do it within a span of year..with each fighter style completly opposite of one another..WOAH

No wonder he is known as the G.O.A.T.

What do you think?

No...........

Comment

Originally posted by Ghazan View Post
      Muhammad Ali beat ken norton,joe frazier and george foreman within a span of 12 months (oct1973-oct1974)

Its one thing to beat hall of famers..but to do it within a span of year..with each fighter style completly opposite of one another..WOAH

No wonder he is known as the G.O.A.T.

What do you think?
      Its a great achievement, but I'd put it behind Harry Greb beating Tommy Gibbons, Tommy Laughrin and Gene Tunney in a 12 month span. Its a shame fighters don't fight as often as they once did and against top notch comp.

Comment

I remember Gaspar Ortega saying he knew his career had to be over in the beginning of 64' because his legs weren't holding him up against certain punches that he had no problem with years earlier!
        In his closing year 1964 he scheduled and fought THIRTY (30) times!!!!!
        In one year 30 bouts!!! He wanted to close out with some "road fights" and see some of the places he visited as a fighter coming up! I think he lost 3 or 4 and drew 2 or 3 that year! He finished in 1965 actually taking on a few quality guys that he had defeated in earlier times and lost to them as a senior fighter!
        Mazzinghi
        Harrington
        Curvis
        Shipes.............all defeated him, so his last two years he fought 38 times!!!

theres champs these days with 38 fights in their entire career!

I think Ali
        a accomplishment was incredible because he wasn't a young heavy then he fought everyone. If they held a Title he wanted it! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          I remember Gaspar Ortega saying he knew his career had to be over in the beginning of 64' because his legs weren't holding him up against certain punches that he had no problem with years earlier!
          In his closing year 1964 he scheduled and fought THIRTY (30) times!!!!!
          Holy crap, you must be old dude

Comment

Great achievement! Ali fought the 3 best heavies out there while he himself was past his prime. 2 of them were all out power punchers and the third hit as hard as anyone else in the top 10 but was far more skilled. Ali beat them, each fight different to the last. Seriously the greatest fighter to ever have lived.

Comment

i think he lost to ken norton

Comment

Originally posted by chito View Post
                i think he lost to ken norton
                Fact remains. He fought Ken Norton 2 more times even after he got his jaw broken by him. Ali is the GOAT.

Comment

All those fights were well past Ali's prime. Tough MoFo.

Comment

Ali was such an ignorant fool but that was a great achievement. Fuqq him though!

Comment

Working...
                    X