No announcement yet.

Donaire vs Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    You're right; Rigo hasn't fought anyone. But that doesn't mean he's "nothing." He's generally considered one of the greatest amateur boxers of all time, winning nearly every one of his four hundred bouts. His two Olympic gold medals are hard to overlook. Freddie Roach would agree; he took on Guillermo from the moment the Cuban defected. The famed coach wanted "El Chacal" to challenge for a world championship after only a couple of fights. Even if you didn't know any of this, Rigondeaux's talents and skills are pretty evident.

I agree that Nonito's a terrific fighter and far more accomplished on a professional level than Rigo. But what has Donaire done to merit ATG status? Who has he defeated that merits that kind of statement? Some day Nonito might be an ATG...today is not that day.
    He beat abner mares in amatuers

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
      127 votes here so far
      Kinda regret making my pick so early, but I'll stick by my prediction. I think it'll turn into a boxing match which would favor Rigo, and Donaire might get over-aggressive and get timed leaping in. Donaire would need to get Rigo's respect early and hit him often to win.

Comment

Bump.. (After Donaire-Nishioka)

Comment

55% of the vote to Rigo yet Donaire thinks he's not worthy to face him

Comment

donair ko he seems to do his best with hi back againt the wall anytime omeone doubts him he shows up big !
            ko 5

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
              55% of the vote to Rigo yet Donaire thinks he's not worthy to face him
              I voted "Donaire" back when the poll first went up. I feel the same way today, for pretty much the same reasons. I think Rigo is a great boxer, but he needs a little more work before taking on Nonito. If they were to fight today, I believe Guille would have a good chance at pulling the upset, but I wouldn't bet on it. What makes me a little impatient for this fight is that Donaire has his sights set on 126, and Rigo isn't getting any younger.

Comment

I think if Donaire boxes within himself, like he did with Nishioka and not try and force the knockout like he did against the likes of Vazquez and Mathebula he would win.

Rigondeaux is not the best at creating his own offense, he almost relies on his opponents to make mistakes so that he can get off with his counter shots. And if Donaire boxes within himself, the counter opportunities won't be there for Rigondeaux. I think this fight would be a high speed boxing match, I normally tend to favor the guy that can get off first in this type of fight and I think that guy is Donaire. Also I thought Rigondeaux was a bit too open to left hooks against Marroquin, I'm not sure if that's a one off but Donaire has a much more devastating left hook. I got Donaire by a clear decision, maybe even scoring a knockdown along the way.

Comment

fight is a toss up by most peoples accounts, I can definitely see either guy winning.

Come on Nonito, step up!

Last edited by RichCCFC; 10-15-2012, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Stop being a woman Donaire! Fight Rigondeaux!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X