Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Chad Dawson ever be the same again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Chad Dawson ever be the same again?

Ward took him to school toyed with him and made him quit. I'm a big fan of Dawson but a I'm a bit worried that this fight messed him up mentally.

Should he take a long rest or try to come right back as soon as possible? When he comes back he needs a great performance against a top fighter....so who do you think Chad Dawson should fight next?

The Jean Pascal fight permanently changed him....Chad Dawson suffers from Jermain Taylor syndrome: All the physical ability in the world but something mentally holds you back......

Comment

Tough to say,it's not so much the beating physically he took..More so mentally..That is a rough azz kicking he took on the mental side of things..I want to say yes,but only time will tell really...

Comment

He's the same as he always is. All the physical gifts and talent in the world. Nothing upstairs.

Comment

he needs the right fights that was a pretty lopsided beatdown

Comment

No he should retire. He's boxing for money now

Comment

Originally posted by circleinsidebox View Post
              The Jean Pascal fight permanently changed him....Chad Dawson suffers from Jermain Taylor syndrome: All the physical ability in the world but something mentally holds you back......
              dawson and taylor have nothing in common in terms of their state of mind. taylor was a slacker who held back in fights bcuz he knew he wasnt in shape. but in shape or just having it his way taylor was a fighter first and a boxer second, in fact thats one of his biggest flaws. he would fight guys he would be better of boxing.

dawson is a hard worker, he holds back in fights bcuz hes a pure boxer and isnt even trying to hurt you most of the time. he just boxes, stays in control and takes it a round at a time. hes also very relaxed and comftorable in there, almost too conftorable sometimes which is when he lays back. jermain had more nervous energy than i have ever seen at this level which is also why he gassed and had to fight in spurts.

Comment

he might end up like RJJ from moving down a weight class

Comment

I don't think he has been the same fighter for quite a while now (since pascal). It is almost like his body shows up for a fight, but his mind is somewhere else. He just does not seem to be interested any more. No fire in his belly at all. I truly have to wonder if he is dedicated to the sport. He shows up for the paydays, and his built in talent can get him by many times, but as soon as it starts not working right away for him, he turns off. No Urgency, No Desire, No Plan B

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                    Ward took him to school toyed with him and made him quit. I'm a big fan of Dawson but a I'm a bit worried that this fight messed him up mentally.

Should he take a long rest or try to come right back as soon as possible? When he comes back he needs a great performance against a top fighter....so who do you think Chad Dawson should fight next?
                    Like I said before, Dawson skills are declining because he constantly switches trainers.

Dawson fired Emanuel after one fight, after one ****ing fight! Steward had a strategy and gameplan ready for Hopkins and he had Ronnie Shields co-training with him. There is no doubt in my mind had Chad stayed with Emanuel, he would have beaten Hopkins the first time convincingly. This is tied to the Ward fight because under Scully, Dawson's overall boxing skills has regressed. Any one can see that Dawson was not going to beat Ward judging by his performance against Hopkins.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...er-john-scully
                    Last edited by Boxingwizard; 09-16-2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X