Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Rounds and Close Rounds should be scored 10-10 by default.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
    Not many rounds are even, 1 fighter almost always does at least little more than their opponent it doesn't even have to be landing punches just being the aggressor can win the fighter the round.
    The problem is that "A little more" is worth the same as "a lot more"

Comment

Throughout the history of boxing there's never been a problem with judges scoring rounds even.....until very recently (past 15 years or so). If scoring even rounds was good enough for Ray Robinson fights then there shouldn't be any problems with it today.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        Not many rounds are even, 1 fighter almost always does at least little more than their opponent it doesn't even have to be landing punches just being the aggressor can win the fighter the round.
        "A little more" shouldn't be enough to win a round. This ain't the amateurs where you win the round by landing one more pitty-pat punch than you're opponent.

Poet

Comment

don't really like even rds
          better than giving it to the champ/hometown guy though
          fuck it, call a very close rd even then
          but don't do all close/1st rds even just because
          there's gotta be something to give a fighter the nod for

Comment

even rounds are rare but they do come around, i dont remember last time i scored 1

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
              The first round is almost always a feeling out process with both fighters measuring and observing. Unless something explosive happens like round 1 of Vitali/Sanders,these rounds should be scored even as much as possible.

Close rounds where there is no clear dominant fighter should be declared even as well. The last few rounds of Bradley/Pacquiao were very Evenish to me and shouldnt have been placed on the same level as Pacquiao's forceful early rounds.

This is the only way to stop the robberies. Make the fighters earn that 10-9 instead of judges gifting hair-split decisions to their favorite.
              As much as I dislike 99% of your opinions, I have to agree with this one. I've been preaching this for years. The idea that 99% of the rounds are NOT even is ridiculous. If the round is really close, then score that ***** even. The idea of "swing rounds" should be banished. What a joke, right?

Off the top of my head, you are probably the poster I disagree with the most on this forum, but you know what? I'm gonna green rep you, we all have to get behind things like this.

Comment

If you ever think yo yourself, "who should i give that round to", it should be an automatic 10-10 round.

You should never "look" for a winner of a round

Comment

Working...
                X