Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao drops from the top two of SI.coms p4p ratings for 1st time since 2008

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward'
    Floyd
    Martinez
    Marquez are better pfp fighters than Pacman. In that order.

Comment

Manny has lost some speed. You can't keep fighting the same way at this age.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
        Manny has lost some speed. You can't keep fighting the same way at this age.
        Lmaaaooooooooooo at your sig, musha.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          Lmaaaooooooooooo at your sig, musha.
          Lmao. That **** is hilarious

Comment

how is BHop ahead of Dawson when Dawson just beat him?

Comment

Originally posted by Dunkeroo23 View Post
              how is BHop ahead of Dawson when Dawson just beat him?
              Probably because Dawson just got destroyed, maybe??

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                No disrespect, but you're clearly a fanboy.

Martinez hasn't in any way, shape or form fought the level of opposition that Ward has.

In fact, both Williams and Pavlik were both defeated before Martinez ever faced them.

Quintana laid out the blueprint to beat Williams and Martinez and Lara copied it.

Pavlik was on the verge of becoming an full-time alcoholic after his loss to BHOP.

Both Williams and Pavlik were questionable commodities at the point when Martinez fought them.

The shameful way that both Barker and Macklin did so well while clearly being C fighters at best showed a decline in Martinez that led some in his camp to express concern about his ability to compete at the top level.

I like Martinez, but without the Williams and Pavlik fights he would still be in obscurity.

That's the truth and if you don't like it .. respond by providing any win he's had before or since that would have him even in the top 15.

Martinez has had the opportunity to move up into a division where there is actually more than one live dog to challenge. Martinez refuses .. instead opting to wait for a fight against Mayweather or Pacquiao .. who are WWs.

Sorry, but Martinez doesn't deserve to be in the top 5 either. Look at his opponents since Williams and Pavlik and it tells the story.
                Martinez has had a tough career because he's been avoided. You say Martinez has had the oppourtunity to move up yet Ward has not done it either. He's not by any means a 168 pounder, at his stage he wants the big money fights don't you think any one at his age would not target Pacquiao or Floyd?

P4P lists seem to be determined on their latest showings that's why ward is #2 on this list. I have no idea why you are obsessed with Martinez resume before he was given a chance, who do you want him to fight at 160 when the other champions didn't want to fight him. Sturm would not think about it, Chavez had to grow, Pirog's side made all sort of excuses. Golovkin would be nice now, but he wasn't very relevant before and people like you would have said it was a shit fight. Now if you have Ward over Martinez, that's fine and understandable. I just don't know why you say he doesn't belong in the top 5.

Also I'm not a fanboy, I might be a big fan of the guy at #1 but I'm not a fanboy of any other guy in the top #5. I appreciate every boxer on the list.
                Like I said before this list is subjective and the only spots that really matter are 1 and 2. Which in this list are ok to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Probably because Dawson just got destroyed, maybe??
                  By a better p4p fighter than he was. Doesnt negate the fact that dawson beat, proved, he was a better p4p fihter than hopkins(at this stage in his career)

Comment

Pac fans: "not subscribing anymore"

Comment

I almost threw up in my mouth when I read Brandon Rios on "the next 5" list

Comment

Working...
                      X