No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux doesn't deserve a shot!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
    how can donaire get exposed when there are no questions surrounding him...we know he can take a punch (never been stopped or knocked down or close to being knocked down and he has fought hard punchers), we know he can give one hell of a punch even at 122 (kd'ed vazquez jr and mathebula both of whom had never been knocked down before), we know he's fought and beaten top level competition (montiel, darchinyan, hernan marquez, narvaez, sydorenko, etc.), we know he has the experience of fighting 12 round fights and having the stamina to easily go the distance...i mean if anything i'd expect rigondeaux to get exposed..rigo hasn't beaten a top level opponent in the pros yet, he has been knocked down by a jab (it wasn't a slip or the feet got tangled up..it was a clean jab), when he got knocked down he began to run around (showed what little heart he had), and he has only been 12 rounds ONCE (and he looked average in that fight).
    Well hopefully we see them fight in the not too distant future and all this is settled. I think Rigo is the most talented fighter below 130. Donaire's own words though lead me to believe he's going to leave the division without fighting Rigo. Trying to claim if he wins a 3rd belt he's unified enough and that's all that will matter to him. He wants to really unify Mares and Rigo are who he needs to take out, not a guy who just quit his way out of his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Best View Post
      Mathebula had a respectable PRO carreer and he was a champion. HBO knows or should know that Rigo is the real deal. Its bad business to make the fight now when the fight can be worth triple in a yr or two.
      Rigondeaux is a Champion...

Comment

Originally posted by b0ndsj0ns20 View Post
        Well hopefully we see them fight in the not too distant future and all this is settled. I think Rigo is the most talented fighter below 130. Donaire's own words though lead me to believe he's going to leave the division without fighting Rigo. Trying to claim if he wins a 3rd belt he's unified enough and that's all that will matter to him. He wants to really unify Mares and Rigo are who he needs to take out, not a guy who just quit his way out of his last fight.
        yah i don't like an arce fight next for donaire, but he said he wants a third belt and mares and rigo have the two other belts..unless nishioka fights mares next and gets back his wbc title. i would love to see donaire fight rigo and nishioka before leaving 122..but we'll see what happens.

Comment

it's not about whether he deserves it or not...it's simply not up to him. he can't force it and he can't complain if he doesn't get it. if we reverse the situation and rigo is on top, he would do the same and would look to get the fights that make the most money while trying to limit the risk of losing.

Comment

Because Donaire fans are scared out of their fukin mind when it comes to Rigondeaux and they see him as a serious threat and a guy that no question can not only defeat Donaire but I think DOMINATE HIM!

And this is no punchers chance BS either, Rigondeaux is the more WELL ROUNDED FIGHTER, he can either Out-Box Donaire or Knock Him Out especially with that Body Shot, Donaire has been looking a little soft and Flabby in my opinion since carrying extra weight

Rigondeaux don't deserve a shot but Mathebulla, Vazquez Jr and Narvaez did?

lets talk about how Donaire took out the weakest Champion at 118 in Montiel and avoided all of the REAL top fighters in that Division, How come he never fought: Agebeko, Moreno, Perez (before he retired), and Mares? He never fought any of them

now at 122 it is a repeat of the same formula, defeated just defeated another weak champion in Mathebulla, about to fight a OLD Jorge Arce who lets be fukin honest, he been in a lot of Wars and he is tailor made for Donaire at this point in his career to score an impressive KO against, then what after that? He will move to 126 and repeat the same formula? Avoid Salido and Gamboa (if he decides to stay in that division) but instead fight Jhonny Gonzalez for his WBC Title

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
              Rigondeaux is a Champion...
              Say Nonito offers Rigo 30,000 for the fight. Would you say Nonitos pricing himself out?
              Last edited by Second Best; 07-12-2012, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Because Donaire fans are scared out of their fukin mind when it comes to Rigondeaux and they see him as a serious threat and a guy that no question can not only defeat Donaire but I think DOMINATE HIM!

And this is no punchers chance BS either, Rigondeaux is the more WELL ROUNDED FIGHTER, he can either Out-Box Donaire or Knock Him Out especially with that Body Shot, Donaire has been looking a little soft and Flabby in my opinion since carrying extra weight

lets talk about how Donaire took out the weakest Champion at 118 in Montiel and avoided all of the REAL top fighters in that Division, How come he never fought: Agebeko, Moreno, Perez (before he retired), and Mares? He never fought any of them

now at 122 it is a repeat of the same formula, defeated just defeated another weak champion in Mathebulla, about to fight a OLD Jorge Arce who lets be fukin honest, he been in a lot of Wars and he is tailor made for Donaire at this point in his career to score an impressive KO against, then what after that? He will move to 126 and repeat the same formula? Avoid Salido and Gamboa (if he decides to stay in that division) but instead fight Jhonny Gonzalez for his WBC Title
                Well you are just describing the "business" of boxing, and it's a huge part of the reason UFC is really taking hold and maybe even passing boxing. I realize essentially Dana White is Bob Arum of MMA, that there are a bunch of other promoters and he just happens to run the most popular promotion. However, he has realized that just consistently making the best possible fights and letting the outcomes dictate who the stars are works better than trying to manufacture stars and protect guys. If UFC was run like boxing a guy like Jon Jones, a transcendent talent who clearly was the best fighter in the division, would have not gotten the shot because he didn't have enough "name" and he hadn't "proven himself." Instead he got the shot, dominated, and became a star. This is what frustrates me about boxing so much, and boxing is a so much more entertaining sport to me.

Comment

Originally posted by b0ndsj0ns20 View Post
                  Well you are just describing the "business" of boxing, and it's a huge part of the reason UFC is really taking hold and maybe even passing boxing. I realize essentially Dana White is Bob Arum of MMA, that there are a bunch of other promoters and he just happens to run the most popular promotion. However, he has realized that just consistently making the best possible fights and letting the outcomes dictate who the stars are works better than trying to manufacture stars and protect guys. If UFC was run like boxing a guy like Jon Jones, a transcendent talent who clearly was the best fighter in the division, would have not gotten the shot because he didn't have enough "name" and he hadn't "proven himself." Instead he got the shot, dominated, and became a star. This is what frustrates me about boxing so much, and boxing is a so much more entertaining sport to me.
                  Couldn't agree more. Not only is this approach more efficient, but it's much more exciting, partly because it's genuine. Boxing used to be much more so this way, but some time ago the idea of manufacturing stars took hold. It's conspiring, along with bad decisions, to bring about the death of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

You call Mathebulla a bum but what about the bum that Rigo beat to get the WBA Belt. Vargas/Ramos whatevadafuk his name is. At one point Rigo hit him with 5 straight lefts. That dudes a bum. I dont care if he was 20-0 with 11kos.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                      Rigondeaux has 2 Gold medals.
                      Over 400 amateur fights (allegedly)
                      Lost his last fight in 1998
                      7x Cuban National champion
                      Won his WBA strap after 9 fights

People say he's not ready for a shot? Jesus christ, as fans we should be screaming for this guy to be fighting all the top guys, he has a pedigree that most seasoned professionals would die for.

He is ready. His weakness is he doesn't bring a crowd (yet) but he brings some genuine skills.
                      amateur Pros...Night DAY....

Comment

Working...
                      X