Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Manny Steward said his love child Tommy Hearns will beat Floyd and RJJ. AGREE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thomas Hearns would roast all the names in today's Welterweight Division IMO.

Hearns-Jones...holy fuck, that fight would be amazing. I say Hearns has a chance. Dude was a freak of nature but he could get hurt.

Young Roy Jones, Jr. could make him look silly. IMO, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
      I just viewed the pole and its amazing how emmotions over rule logic... Hearns losses to both these guys, Roy is more likely to put him out tho.
      At the sametime, Hearns has as much a chance to put Roy out a Roy has to put him out. Both Roy and Hearns have shown a weakness, when they get hit they get hurt, esspecially to the chin.
      In Hearns case he Stays hurt, Roy just goes to sleep. Floyd beats both these guys far more than they beat him.
      Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but are you saying Floyd beats Roy?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but are you saying Floyd beats Roy?
        I'm saying, out of 10 times Floyd beats Roy 6/7 times.
        Out of those 10 times they fight, Roy catches Floyd 3/4 times and stops him. Roy had NO D, we forget these things. Same size, same weight, Floyd beats Roy yes

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
          I'm saying, out of 10 times Floyd beats Roy 6/7 times.
          Out of those 10 times they fight, Roy catches Floyd 3/4 times and stops him. Roy had NO D, we forget these things. Same size, same weight, Floyd beats Roy yes
          Okay, p4p there's nothing wrong with saying that, it's quite possible you're right.

Comment

If it's one thing I can tell you, it's that Hearns is not messing with a prime Roy Jones Jr. That's it; no if's and's but's about it.

No sir-eeee-Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Okay, p4p there's nothing wrong with saying that, it's quite possible you're right.

Prime Roy was 160. . . 168 as well. . . But his blend of speed, reflexes, and power at 160 will never be seen again. . Well, prolly same for 168 as well. Jones would inhibit Hearns advantages with his ability to close the distance in thte blink of an eye.

I agree Hearns beats Floyd, probably UD's him like 118-110. Jab and straight right just too long, too fast, and too damn dangerous!

Comment

I actually think Trinidad beats Hearns at 147, let alone Roy Jones.

Hearns chin was so suspect that Trinidad's left hook and RJJ's punch from the hip, KO's hearns, no questions asked.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  I would favor him over Floyd but would expect Roy to beat him
                  this^^^^^^^^^

I'll take it a step beyond....I don't see how Hearns could EVER beat Roy unless they fought at 147...so 160-168 is the weight range we're talking about....c'mon man, Roy in his prime was God...imo its blasphemy to THINK a WW could jump up and hold Roy down like that...nah son!!!..RJJ murks Hearns..EARLY!!...Floyd gets outboxed though...maybe KTFO...but I've ALWAYS said Hearns would eat Floyd's food at 147

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                    this^^^^^^^^^

I'll take it a step beyond....I don't see how Hearns could EVER beat Roy unless they fought at 147...so 160-168 is the weight range we're talking about....c'mon man, Roy in his prime was God...imo its blasphemy to THINK a WW could jump up and hold Roy down like that...nah son!!!..RJJ murks Hearns..EARLY!!...Floyd gets outboxed though...maybe KTFO...but I've ALWAYS said Hearns would eat Floyd's food at 147
                    Roy wasn't quite prime at 160, and Hearns was still a great fighter at the weight. I'd pick Roy, but it's a close fight at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                      I actually think Trinidad beats Hearns at 147, let alone Roy Jones.

Hearns chin was so suspect that Trinidad's left hook and RJJ's punch from the hip, KO's hearns, no questions asked.
                      Hearns's chin wasn't so bad that getting touched by Trinidad would end him. It did take 14 rounds for Sugar Ray freaking Leonard to stop him at 147. Personally I think Hearns wipes the ring with Trinidad, and stops him.

Comment

Working...
                      X