Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever thought that maybe Margarito has been cheating his whole career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
    I don't think he's been doing it his whole career because he wasn't busting people up like that every fight.

But I always thought something was weird since he knocked that guys ear off. IMO when he started losing to Santos and his career was going downhill is when he started using them.

All of a sudden he became a bigger puncher and was really hurting guys, and he doesn't have that kind of power.
    So you believe that Margarito cheated during basically the last 6+ fights of his career?

Comment

I think of it like this. When a person tries to rob a big bank like the Bank Of America they usually have been a thief for a while and robbed from a gas station or a smaller local bank first to gain confidence that they could pull off a big job like this. If Margarito or his people were confident that they could get away with something so dangerous in one of the biggest fights of his carrier, I would like to believe that they gained confidence by doing the act in some smaller fights

Comment

I don't think he's been doing it his whole career because he wasn't busting people up like that every fight.

But I always thought something was weird since he knocked that guys ear off. IMO when he started losing to Santos and his career was going downhill is when he started using them.

All of a sudden he became a bigger puncher and was really hurting guys, and he doesn't have that kind of power.
        Yea he was actually.

Comment

Margarito was on top of the world after he beat Cotto. It actually does make sense that he would try to protect his status after that by all means. I'll buy that over cheating vs Mosley meaning he's done so in every fight he ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Nobody really looks at Roy or Toney in their primes as being big time cheaters.

Matter of fact that won't affect their legacy.

And, also is not the same as the Marg situation. Because, of what Marg was accused of was much much worse than what Toney, Roy, Mosley did.

Is not even comparable.

But, if you use common sense. It's quite hard to imagine he used loaded gloves throughout his career.

It's more realistic that Mosley was the first time than it is that he used throughout his career.
            So you feel that if he felt that Mosley was a threat...then he must have felt that Cotto, Williams and Clottey was a threat also?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
              Im not trynna come down hard on Margarito, it's just thats the price you pay when you get caught cheating, he shouldn't have been cheating!! All i can say
              He never cheated, and was never caught doing anything.

All he had was old guaze and lotion.

If you were about to fight and had cotton balls in your glove that would be considered illegal substance and you would be labeled a "cheater" dispite the cotton balls having no effect in the fight.

Fuck the TS, this is a clear hate and bait thread towards Margarito.

You people aren't even real boxing fans, those who talk down upon Margarito.

Comment

I think he would have been caught a long time ago if that was true

Comment

Oh boy ear was taking alot of shots that night...Swolled up, and busted. Dude made a statement after the fight saying his head gear was to tight in training. That could have had something to do with it.

Also, Margo lost to Santos at 154, and jumped right back down to 147. Claiming he didn't feel good at 154...He stated he would most likely not go back.

Margo only didn't KO any elite fighter outside of Cintron...In the Cotto fight, Cotto took more punches than in any fight he had been in to date.

Margo didn't just all of a sudden get moster power.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                    I doubt he loaded up for Mosley ONLY, I know he did for Cotto, Clottey and Williams. It would just make sense.
                    Elaborate more please.

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde Barrow View Post
                      Margarito was on top of the world after he beat Cotto. It actually does make sense that he would try to protect his status after that by all means. I'll buy that over cheating vs Mosley meaning he's done so in every fight he ever had.
                      This^^^

People never seem to want to factor in all the info that was coming from his camp in preperation for the Mosley fight.

They were very concerned. Not with Mosley, but with Margo.

Comment

Working...
                      X