Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History Section: If David Haye Does Retire How Do You Rate His Legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History Section: If David Haye Does Retire How Do You Rate His Legacy?

He is due to retire in a few weeks time and while nothing is certain, lets say he does.

How do you rate his legacies & acievements? ATG Puncher? ATG Cruiserweight? Etc?

Achievements
    World Silver Medalalist Amatuer World Championships 2001
    -WBC,WBA,WBO Cruiserweight Champion.(Lineal Champion)
    -WBA Heavyweight Champion

Notable Wins
    Giacobbe Fragomeni, Jean Marc Mormeck, Enzo Maccarinelli, Nikolay Valuev John Ruiz.

to be honest he doesn't rate at all

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
      to be honest he doesn't rate at all
      What do you mean. Dosent every champion have to rate somewere?

Am no big Haye fan. But he was lineal Cruiserweight Champion & WBA Heavyweight Champion which is no easy feat.

Comment

he pisses me off. the guy is literally a con artist.
        popular boxers are generally good for the sport buy haye rips his fans off consistently.

no way he's a hall of famer
        not a great fighter

certainly a tough nut to crack for most CW's with his size and handspeed and punching power. decent footspeed as well. never had a good chin, CW or otherwise, which is generally the most important attribute when matching historic level big men (who will be able to hit each other)
        but CW is the weakest division in boxing historically, so that doesn't mean a ton

evander holyfield, for example, would knock him out. i have no doubts.

his heavyweight accomplishments don't mean much to me either

i think ruiz would take him in his prime, and he was nothing to write home about anyway.
        he fought fraudley !! what an awful fight that was!
        nikolay valuev is friggin nikolay valuev, and haye still threw almost no punches.
        even barrett touched him up

and then he laid an egg against wladimir in what should have been the biggest night of his life. he promptly blamed his little toe, and after a few months on a beach he calls out vitali

guy is a con artist
        Last edited by New England; 09-30-2011, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Haye would rate very highly on an overhyped/underachiever list.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Haye would rate very highly on an overhyped/underachiever list.
            Do you belive he was a underachiever?

Comment

Originally posted by Perfect Plex View Post
              Do you belive he was a underachiever?
              Absolutely. He appeared to be naturally gifted and did very little with it. The Klitschko fight speaks for itself. And his effort in the Valuev fight was pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                Absolutely. He appeared to be naturally gifted and did very little with it. The Klitschko fight speaks for itself. And his effort in the Valuev fight was pathetic.
                I agree when he turned it on his speed & power were always extremly impressive.

Comment

A decent ABC champion. I thought Mormeck was a very good win, back when Haye was actually a fighter. But he'll now mostly be remembered for the Wlad fiasco after 3 years of boasting as if he were Mike Tyson and George Foreman rolled into one. And doing for the sore toe what David Beckham did for the broken metatarsal. He'd probably make it onto a top 10 cruiserweight list, but as that division's history is hardly overflowing with talent, that's not really saying much.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid McCoy View Post
                    A decent ABC champion. I thought Mormeck was a very good win, back when Haye was actually a fighter. But he'll now mostly be remembered for the Wlad fiasco after 3 years of boasting as if he were Mike Tyson and George Foreman rolled into one. And doing for the sore toe what David Beckham did for the broken metatarsal. He'd probably make it onto a top 10 cruiserweight list, but as that division's history is hardly overflowing with talent, that's not really saying much.
                    Good to see you posting Kid! Your knowledge and insight have been missed.

Comment

Working...
                    X