No announcement yet.

Cotto Should Hire Top Rank Match Maker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto Should Hire Top Rank Match Maker

Is clear that by picking Trout insted of Bundrage was a colasol mistake on his part and his team. Insted of seri g up a big fight against Canelo this **** happens.

Cotto's choice of Trout should be applauded. He chose a tough fight, why should we be asking boxers to go with the easy route?

Comment

No Cotto has balls and likes to challenge himself by fighting tough competition. He doesn't want Top Rank's matchmaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Javii86 View Post
        Cotto's choice of Trout should be applauded. He chose a tough fight, why should we be asking boxers to go with the easy route?
        Exactly. Cotto could've used the politics of the sport to get himself a fight with Canelo, but he went the respectable route. He was in the position to choose any fight he wanted, and he wound up rubbing some of his shine on Trout by giving him a shot. This is how boxing should be imho. I don't think any less of Cotto than I did before last night.

Comment

Wasn't a mistake at all.

He wanted to fight a tough fighter, one that would test him, one of the top guys at 154 and he fell up short.

He could have cherry picked an easier fight like K-9 but instead he wanted to test himself.

He fell short, it happens.

Comment

Yeah tht is great but boxing is a business and no one would have hated on him for not picking Trout. You think Canelo will fight Trout? Hell no or Mayweather? Hell no.

Comment

I'm with you guys too. I applaud Cotto for taking the Trout fight. Not going to lie though, I wasn't impressed with Trout before last night. I thought he was too defensive and thought Cotto would bust him up and win a UD or late stoppage.

I wish more fighters had the ballls Cotto had. Who cares if he lost the fight? He gave the fans a good show. Plus, the option of fighting K9 is still on the table and apparently so is a Canelo fight. He still has options.

Comment

Wow these suppose boxing fans, want a fighter to take an easier fight, but if he takes an easier he will be a punk for not looking for a challenge, yall suppose to be boxing fans, it seems like some of yall have an obsession with some fighters lol

I guess Canelo should take still take the easier fights

Comment

Style wise this was a tough fight for him, prior to today I have never seen trout fight, So I applaud Cotto for taking a fight like this one, He obviously thought if he couldn't beat Trout then no point in fighting Canelo, Just looking at how taller Trout is I could see how he beats Cotto, If Cotto was with Arum then he would be fighting K9 not Trout.

Comment

I think he deserves a lot of credit for taking the fight. His lack of cherry-picking is part of the reason I like him.

I don't really care that boxing is a business. These guys at the top of the sport get paid truckloads of money whoever they fight, if someone is getting paid 7 figures everytime they step in the ring, I have no support for them not taking tough tests.

Comment

Working...
                    X