Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lundy Granted Extra Time To Make Weight As Per NABF Ruling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lundy Granted Extra Time To Make Weight As Per NABF Ruling

By Jake Donovan

LATEST UPDATE: Lundy is now down to 135.2 lb, just 0.2 lb. to go to get down to 135 lb by 7:24PM ET (Bill Emes, live at the scales)

The bad news for Hank Lundy is that he's still over the lightweight limit even after given an hour to sweat off the 1.2 lb above the agreed contracted weight for Friday's showdown with Raymundo Beltran.

The good news for the lightweight contender is that - contrary to popular opinion - sanctioning bodies and their belts still mean something these days.

Because his ESPN2 Friday Night Fights main event is being contended for the NABF lightweight belt, the sanctioning bodies' bylaws take precedence over those of the New Jersey State Athletic Commission. As such, Lundy now has two full hours from the time of the original weigh-in to attempt to squeeze down to 135 lb. [Click Here To Read More]

so he's just 0.2 over, u can do it hank

Comment

hope hes back to 100% tomorrow night

Comment

This is how a warrior operates. Lundy makes the weight after several tries and risks a loss thereby, but he has respect enough for the sport, to force himself down to the contracted weight. A lot of times it's what a man does outside the ring that sways my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          This is how a warrior operates. Lundy makes the weight after several tries and risks a loss thereby, but he has respect enough for the sport, to force himself down to the contracted weight. A lot of times it's what a man does outside the ring that sways my respect.
          I hope you are joking, I think you are

Comment

I like Lundy's skills. His last performance made a fan out of me.

He still has work to do to make all his movements come together better

Comment

Working...
            X