Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Very Possible Tarver Was on Steroids With Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Very Possible Tarver Was on Steroids With Me

Former four division champion Roy Jones Jr. is wondering whether or not Antonio Tarver was on steroids in their 2004 rematch - where Tarver, on a single punch, stopped Jones in the second round and Roy was never the same boxer after that contest. On June 22, BoxingScene.com's Ryan Maquinana broke the news that Tarver tested positive for drostanolone, an anabolic steroid. The failed test took place prior to Tarver's twelve round draw against Lateef Kayode on June 2 in California. Jones says it is "very possible" that Tarver was using steroids for their fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Didn't roy get caught for using steroids also

Comment

Didnt Roy fail a test once too? Even so Roy has a point. When u get caught cheating it puts all of your past accomplishments into question and rightfully so.

Comment

so you're saying it was a lucky punch?

Comment

The pot calling the kettle black.

Comment

Nah...that's uncalled for.

But Tarver talks a lot of shyt so I can see why he said it.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
              The pot calling the kettle black.
              was gonna say....

Comment

they were probably both juiced up. One steroid user pointing the finger at another is pretty hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                  shut up Roy you got put to sleep and embarrassed in front of the whole boxing world in an embarrassing KO by the human stick Tarver with the Pea head. Nice jaw Roy. 8-9-10 you are out Jones. Ha Ha
                  Your kind should be put in machines that b1tchslap you.

Comment

There's a weird hypocrisy when it comes to PEDs in boxing. I love Roy but him calling out Tarver for steroid use is kinda ridiculous.

You have other examples such as Berto (pre-failed test) calling out Mosley and Ortiz as users. You have Mosley implying that Pacquaio is using. Team Peterson obviously thought Khan was on something, which is why the initiated the extra testing.

You look at people on this forum who can't make a post about Pacquaio without accusing him of being on PEDs - and then you look at their avatar and they have Holyfield and Toney and Hopkins (yes, Hopkins. Because he is far more suspect to me than Pacquiao).

There's just a mind-boggling amount of hypocrisy going on.
                    Last edited by Porter's Dad; 06-30-2012, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X