No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Viloria: We Followed The Plan and The Fight Went Easy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Viloria: We Followed The Plan and The Fight Went Easy

It was a shocking clash at the Ynares Sports Arena in Pasig City. Even though he's the champion, most had WBO flyweight champion Brian Viloria (30-3, 17KOs) as the underdog against power-punching challenger and former champion Giovani Segura. Instead of Segura blasting him out, Viloria dominated the fight, did major damage to the challenger's face and put him away in the eight round. Viloria had a plan, never feared Segura's power, and knew what to do to put him away.

[Click Here To Read More]

I've always been a fan of Brian Viloria. He should fight Wongjongkam next.

Comment

I was afraid he'd gas out... I was proven wrong.

Comment

I Hate Eating Crow but when i do, i use Louisana Hot Sauce. Still Shocked at the Outcome

Comment

Great win by Villoria!

I think this moves him above that 'Mediocre Belt holder' level.

he can still accomplish more.

Comment

I'm not gonna say I picked Viloria to win, but I always knew he was gonna be in the fight and even have a chance to KO/TKO Segura. I knew this because Segura gets hit a lot and Calderon was able to rock Segura in the first fight; and Viloria can actually punch... Even though I'm Mexican, I'm happy Viloria won because this proves that although being bigger and stronger helps, it's not the only ingredient in winning a fight. I'm glad to see technique prevailed!

On a similar note, Segura's career is most likely over. He's got a broken orbital bone now and it's gonna take months to heal. I always said that he was gonna struggle at 112 because his biggest advantage (size) would no longer be there. I think I was proven correct. I can only imagine what Marquez and the Thai would do to him.
            Last edited by Carlos Alberto; 12-11-2011, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Great win for Vilora.

Comment

Probably the biggest W of his career. Great for him, I thought Segura was going to take him out lately big time. Props to the Hawaaian P!

Comment

Goes to show how great segura is in his peoples mind. Two wins against an old smaller Calderon does not make a champion.

Comment

Congrats Brian! keep up the good work!!

Comment

Working...
                    X