No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manfredo: I Would Love To Secure Chavez Jr. Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Manfredo: I Would Love To Secure Chavez Jr. Shot

Over the past few days BoxingScene.com has reported that Darren Barker and Peter Manfredo were the leading contenders to face WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

I'm very surprised Arum and his match-makers are willing to pit little Chavez against Manfredo. Am I the only one who thinks Manfredo is far superior than Chavez Jr.? Or do Arum and his clan know something that I don't? I really would like some feedback on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
        I'm very surprised Arum and his match-makers are willing to pit little Chavez against Manfredo. Am I the only one who thinks Manfredo is far superior than Chavez Jr.? Or do Arum and his clan know something that I don't? I really would like some feedback on this.
        Hope you're enjoying your work experience at Top Rank. If by some slight chance your question was serious, no there is no surprise with this pick. Manfredo is someone with not a lot of power and can be easily outworked. He is exactly what Bob Arum looks for in a JCC Jr opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy****Hot View Post
          Hope you're enjoying your work experience at Top Rank. If by some slight chance your question was serious, no there is no surprise with this pick. Manfredo is someone with not a lot of power and can be easily outworked. He is exactly what Bob Arum looks for in a JCC Jr opponent.
          do u say the same bout alvarez u he has been fighting pure trash

Comment

Originally posted by ralph22 View Post
            do u say the same bout alvarez u he has been fighting pure trash
            I can see a decent skill set in Alvarez but the kid could use a better conditioning coach. He's young tho and has a long career if he doesn't get ruined early. I think theyre bringing him along nicely. 20 years of age and really is fighting the type of comp u should be fighting while ur coming up in the ranks. Unfortunately he's already a paper champion and still fighting this type of competition. Prospects are now champions left and right without really fighting championship level fighters. It is a pretty crappy trend in the boxing world. I agree trash!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy****Hot View Post
              If I worked for Top Rank I wouldn't be wasting my time here talking to you. Do your research. By no means is Manfredo a great fighter, but he is solid fighter who has decent pop, a good amateur pedigree, and has fought much better opposition than Chavez Jr. Sure, everytime he's stepped up in class he's lost; however, he's lost to good/solid fighters. Although I don't think Chavez is a bum, he's not exactly a good fighter, either. He's average! That's why I think Manfredo wins this; unless, ofcourse, Manfredo has nothing left. I wouldn't know. I haven't seen him fight in a while... That's why I was requesting opinions, not smart-ass remarks!

Comment

Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
                I can see a decent skill set in Alvarez but the kid could use a better conditioning coach. He's young tho and has a long career if he doesn't get ruined early. I think theyre bringing him along nicely. 20 years of age and really is fighting the type of comp u should be fighting while ur coming up in the ranks. Unfortunately he's already a paper champion and still fighting this type of competition. Prospects are now champions left and right without really fighting championship level fighters. It is a pretty crappy trend in the boxing world. I agree trash!
                totally agree....it's wierd...because he is a champion now - and nobody here really thinks he is at that level... i guess he should be considered "overrated". not a slight to him, his record, or his future at all. the competition has been decent but just a bad look to put a championship fight label on these future matchups. see what they do

Comment

Working...
                X