Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamont Peterson Should Serve Jail Time for Cheating Against Amir Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capital punishment.....it's the only way to clean this **** up

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
      Why would any fan want to see a boxer in prison when no real harm was done?
      Ban him for 12 - 24 months and fine him.

If it had ended up differently with a serious injury then I would agree, throw the book at him and send him down, but I don't want to see active fighters sent to the slammer.
      We need a stronger deterrent than just a fine and banning. How many fighters have been caught this year alone, I know of at least 6 from memory caught this year. Peterson, Berto, Tarver, Adams, Olubamiwo, Maccarinelli.

If those boxers knew that they would definitely go to jail getting caught cheating there's a good chance none of them would have cheated.

We need to update not only the testing protocols but also the punishment.

Comment

On a serious note I feel the best way to tackle this issue and clean the sport up is by having the top guys in each division take voluntary blood test before fights. Urine tests fail to show masking agents used whereas blood tests are much more likely to catch someone who's cheating.

If the champs start to take the tests then the guys below will see that it's possible to be the best without the need to cheat and hopefully this would resolve the problem in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Fix View Post
          We need a stronger deterrent than just a fine and banning. How many fighters have been caught this year alone, I know of at least 6 from memory caught this year. Peterson, Berto, Tarver, Adams, Olubamiwo, Maccarinelli.

If those boxers knew that they would definitely go to jail getting caught cheating there's a good chance none of them would have cheated.

We need to update not only the testing protocols but also the punishment.
          I disagree that he should be sent to jail.

Ban those guys from making an income from Boxing for 12 - 24 months. Imagine you earn $500K a year and all of a sudden thats taken away from you for 2 years. What are you going to do, push trolleys in a shop and make $12K a year?

Fine them $500K and ban them from earning for up to 2 years (or whatever the sentence). Thats a massive deterrent to most people. The ones that cheat, will cheat anyway, even if there is a threat of jail, because lets face, the threat of jail is very real anyway if they badly injure someone.

Comment

There should be jail ti e for all athletes that use PEDs, that's the only way they will stop.

Lance Armstrong may have cheated his way to 7 tour de frances, now if he has he will lose those titles and be banned and fined a couple of 100k.

However he is worth $125 mil and will get to keep almost all of that. He still got to be famous and adored and shag hot chicks too. Why wouldn't you cheat.

Look at Peterson. Had he been caught after the khan fight he would have cheated his way to career high payday and would have kept a lot of it.

If I hack a computer and cheat companies into giving me millions of dollars, I go to jail for a long time for fraud. If an athlete doesntbitvthey get a ban and small fine.

It's like robbing a bank and if you get caught you have to give a bit of the money back and can't go to the bank for a year. Everyone would e robbing banks wouldn't they?

It's fraud, they should be charged with it.

Comment

ridiculous
              he passed thedrug test on fight night idiots

im on my 3rd steroid cycle
              gives you little to no advantage in the ring get over yourselves

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                ridiculous
                he passed thedrug test on fight night idiots

im on my 3rd steroid cycle
                gives you little to no advantage in the ring get over yourselves
                Why you doing it then? Why would you take years off your life for little to no advantage ?

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                  Why you doing it then? Why would you take years off your life for little to no advantage ?
                  If someone wants to shrink their balls they should be allowed to

Comment

He should have to put his nose under the armpit of one of Khan's relatives for a period of 20 seconds.

Comment

Just hit them with a fine and a suspension. This is their way of living and income and it really hurts a boxer when he can't fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X