Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me that has picked up a noticeable skill difference in Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazerjab View Post
    I second this!
    JMM was unable to display his skills against F. Mayweather Jr, does that him and his skills unimpressive, because to me that's what you're technically claiming.

Comment

Haven't seen him do this to any right handers. Mosley was the first:

Comment

i dont think so, infact if anything he has declined. he isnt as mobile as he used to be. not as quick as he used to be either imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Discipline View Post
          Haven't seen him do this to any right handers. Mosley was the first:

ha, that is quality! mosley should of used the old morales trick where he goes to throw the right upstairs and then stops half way through, and then cracks him!

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
            ha, that is quality! mosley should of used the old morales trick where he goes to throw the right upstairs and then stops half way through, and then cracks him!
            Against shorter fighters, yes, Morales could do that. But he doesn't have a long enough reach to pull that kind of move against Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by freedom213 View Post
              Lets get real here

You or anyone else can have any opinion you want about how good Mayweather is and he is very good, but there is no foregone conclusion to who would have won a fight between prime Floyd(now or at the least a few years ago) or prime Shane Mosley (12 years ago in 2000). Shane was that good - faster far quicker on his feet and much slicker. I remember seeing him at 135 and was so impressed I thought he might really be the next great Sugar. He didnt quite end up in that category but he has done pretty damn good for himself. Same thing with DLH in his prime he was a badass, its very easy to make a case that either guy could win that fight.
              I said and agree with that. I never said IT WAS A FACT that Mosley wouldn't win. We all know that anything can happen in boxing. I figure that Mosley was younger in that fight, so would Mayweather.

Could Mosley have won if he hit him with the same shot if he they fought earlier? Most likely. I don't doubt it at all.

DLH was never the same since the Trinidad loss. It really crushed him. He still had enough greatness to ride it out as far as he did, He did really well again Mayweather. If the DLH that fought Trinidad, fought Mayweather, that could have been a different fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Discipline View Post
                JMM was unable to display his skills against F. Mayweather Jr, does that him and his skills unimpressive, because to me that's what you're technically claiming.

Maybe because Marquez never competed at welterweight & jumped 2 weight classes to take that fight, maybe?? He was quoting me with that. Martinez & Floyd both held title at 154 & both can meet there.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                  so you think mayweather can be a champion well into his 40's like hopkins?
                  Of course

Did you think when Hopkins lost to Taylor twice that he would still be fighting at 47?

Comment

Originally posted by freedom213 View Post
                    Lets get real here

You or anyone else can have any opinion you want about how good Mayweather is and he is very good, but there is no foregone conclusion to who would have won a fight between prime Floyd(now or at the least a few years ago) or prime Shane Mosley (12 years ago in 2000). Shane was that good - faster far quicker on his feet and much slicker. I remember seeing him at 135 and was so impressed I thought he might really be the next great Sugar. He didnt quite end up in that category but he has done pretty damn good for himself. Same thing with DLH in his prime he was a badass, its very easy to make a case that either guy could win that fight.
                    Mayweathers competition at 130 and 135 ****s all over Mosleys competition at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                      why does everyone call him a coward and a ducker then. you think they just hate him and have nothing better to do? you think its a conspiracy? No they say it because its true and that's what they think. It's true to a lot of people. Calling them haters lets you groupies sleep at night!
                      And the cool thing about Floyd is that he has the WILL To win! He is a special fighter and u have to accept that and move along!

Comment

Working...
                      X