Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana-Josesito Lopez Close For April 20

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good fight on paper. I like Lopez in this fight. IMO people give Maidana too much credit for his ko over a shopworn Soto Karass. Lopez has a great chin and IMO Maidana isn't any more powerful than Ortiz at 147.

Maidana may have improved a little but he's struggled in every fight against good opposition. Alexander, Kotelynk, Corley, Khan, and Morales all made him look one dimensional and ordinary. He was even struggling against Soto Karass before the stoppage, I think he was up by one point on the cards going into the 8th.

Comment

lopez might be too fast for maidana and has better skills,but you never know,like both fighters so don't really care who wins

Comment

This is the paternity test, which of these men truly is Victor ortiz' papi? We will find out soon enough!

Comment

Maidana is.....Ortiz blatantly quit like a punk there. He earned respect back with a big win over then unbeaten Berto, and he didn't lose it against Lopez.

Ortiz fought several rounds with a shattered jaw, I mean.....anybody on here would quit instantly feeling that, and to keep fighting and winning rounds while getting punched in a shattered jaw. That was a legit excuse in my opinion. And he was winning the fight 6-3 in my book. Lopez gave Ortiz more trouble than I thought he would though.

Comment

I think it will be a sick fight coming down to wire with who wins the last few rounds. I feel like it will be whoever wants it more. I don't see either being stopped since they have good hands but aren't really lethal one hitters anyway. Whoever's conditioning is better

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Maidana by late KO. To be honest it's like MARQUEZ vs PACMAN IV with TKO.

Comment

this would be a great fight.please let it happen.

I wonder how Victor Ortiz feels about this,you know,his two papis' fighting

Comment

This fight is like the Maury show. We will find out who is Ortiz's father. I think Lopez wins, therefore; Maidana...You are NOT the father!

Comment

This will be a heck of a fight. Maidana to win.

Comment

I like this fight. I hope Chino can fix his stamina issues. BTW i don't think Ortiz can make 140 anymore. Maybe they should do a catchweight. I'm being too optimistic now, I like to think that GBP is trying to build Lucas name before the Garcia fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X