Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which pro boxer has the highest amount of wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pro boxer has the highest amount of wins?

Does anyone know of the pro who holds the record for the highest amount of wins or win loss percentage since the queensbury rules?

(win loss percentage, not marciano, u know what im tryin 2 say)

i did know but i cant remember atm. archie moore holds the record for most knockouts though, i know thats not what you asked but still.

Comment

I always think of Pep when it comes to recods and over coming adversity!

W 229 (65kos) L 11 (6tko) 1 draw, thats pretty ........incredible!!!

To loose 11 bouts out of 241 is amazing.
      Remember Pep was unbeatible as an amatuer and often fought giving away 30 pounds. His first loss as an amatuer was in a grocery store in Waterbury Conn giving 20+ to a young kid out of New York named Walker! At that time Pep was 100-0!
      Thats right the Walker Kid later known as Sugar Ray, Pep thought the kid was GREAT! He was right, so was Willie the Wisp!! One of the very very few Master Boxers! Ray.

Comment

Len Wickwar is way, way ahead of everybody else in this category with 339 wins (according to BoxRec).

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          I always think of Pep when it comes to recods and over coming adversity!

W 229 (65kos) L 11 (6tko) 1 draw, thats pretty ........incredible!!!

To loose 11 bouts out of 241 is amazing.
          Remember Pep was unbeatible as an amatuer and often fought giving away 30 pounds. His first loss as an amatuer was in a grocery store in Waterbury Conn giving 20+ to a young kid out of New York named Walker! At that time Pep was 100-0!
          Thats right the Walker Kid later known as Sugar Ray, Pep thought the kid was GREAT! He was right, so was Willie the Wisp!! One of the very very few Master Boxers! Ray.
          100 as an amatuer, so 329 to 12 in total? that is amazing. Dont have great knowlege of the fighters before the 60s and that seems to be the time when boxers fought all the time and had big numbers on there record. Does any other boxer top that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post
            Len Wickwar is way, way ahead of everybody else in this category with 339 wins (according to BoxRec).
            just looked that guy up, he had 467 fights! By my calculations he was fighting fortnightly for 19 years! Holy ****
            Last edited by likeamulekick; 01-23-2013, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Young Stribling 256-16-17

Comment

How were boxers able to fight so often back then? Weren't there some serious health risks in doing that? Did they have to be medically cleared? And how were some of them able to avoid major injury or damage later in life while others weren't?

Comment

Working...
                X