Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Closing 2012: BoxingScene Pound-for-Pound Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good list .. i do think mares and froch are a lil too high and nonito a lil low but it's way better than rings ..good to see viloria get in ..i feel he should've been there after the segura fight just like how segura got in after beating calderon..

Comment

Floyd
      Ward
      Klitschko
      Martinez
      Marquez
      Pacquiao
      Nonito
      Dany Garcia
      Vitali
      Froch

And Guerrero, Gamboa, Rigondeaux, Viloria, Mares, Bradley, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by chubano View Post
        Floyd
        Ward
        Klitschko
        Martinez
        Marquez
        Pacquiao
        Nonito
        Dany Garcia
        Vitali
        Froch

And Guerrero, Gamboa, Rigondeaux, Viloria, Mares, Bradley, etc.
        danny garcia?...

Comment

That's nearly exactly the same as my list, however, I still have Pac higher with Martinez at 6, Donaire at 4, and Pac now at 5. I think I had Froch at 9 just above Wlad...

It's about time that people started recognising that fighting as sporadically as Floyd does will not put him as the default number 1 guy anymore. Not with people like Marquez taking on the best fighter and number 1 guy of the last decade and knocking him out, or with Ward in his prime run as the true number 1 guy in the game.

Marquez will be gone either way by the end of 2013, I'm pretty certain, and some young fighters are coming through looking the goods to replace the older fighters like Pac, Marquez and Floyd.

I don't have Martinez as high as many others. Great run, but I don't think it's a p4p number 3, 4 or even 5 type run when compared to some of the other guys clearly having harder runs, beating better fighters, and in some cases, having done it longer.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
            danny garcia?...
            I have Danny by the way he is dominating, he owns the 140. But...

Comment

Originally posted by chubano View Post
              I have Danny by the way he is dominating, he owns the 140. But...
              it's your list so it's ok i guess but he did'nt dominate **** ..he beat one guy in khan who happend to be the #1 ranked fighter to be lineal chmpion ..but thats just one guy, thats not a domination at all....khan was never in the p4p conversation

viloria beat segura who was # 8 p4p fighter at the time , avenged his lost then unified with another champion who was ranked only behind the lineal champ..

mares body of work ****s all over danny's..

so if you have danny in the top 10 ,when there are more deserving fighters, it's really hard to take seriuosly..but it's your list..

Comment

1WARD 2MAYWEATHER 3DONAIRE 4 MARQUEZ 5MARTINEZ 6PACQUIOA 7BRONER 8 MATTHYSSE 9 CANELO 10 W KLITCHO.......... NOT FAR BEHIND..gamboa froch mares lara

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                  That's nearly exactly the same as my list,
                  You've always been a smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ARealboxingfan View Post
                    I never ever reply/post on here but this p4p list is just bull****. Im a BIG ward fan but come on we all know Mayweather is #1 on p4p hands down.
                    Speak for yourself, buddy.

Comment

Solid list, Cliff. So much better than Giampa's list.

Comment

Working...
                      X