Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins turned down $4 million. Won't fight Mikkel Kessler!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a good thing that Kessler's team is making offers although I don't see why they would expect Hopkins to ever take this fight, especially in Kessler's "backyard".

He is an old man who is already rich and has made it clear that he is only looking to add to his legacy in recent interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Enemy/Friend View Post
      Chad Dawson wanted to fight Kessler in the US.
      dawson and kessler are at the same point is there career...did you compare dawsons status to hopkins????

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
        dawson and kessler are at the same point is there career...did you compare dawsons status to hopkins????
        No,but Chad could pick anyone he wants and he chose Kessler....

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          In Copenhagen. Really...

Why would they offer that when...

They claim Kessler is ready to make his US debut?
          That fight makes a LOT more money in Denmark.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            That fight makes a LOT more money in Denmark.
            According to who? Please provide (factual) proof. And don't give me that live gate BS either because HBO surpasses that by taking a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              At age 44, someone who has accomplished more then 99.9% of active fighters, why in the world would hopkins need to fight Kessler or Chad Dawson? He's a legend, a future hall of famer, an all time great and oh, did I mention he was born in 1965?!

lmao hopkins just fought a young 26 year old undefeated fighter and put on one of the greatest, if not the greatest performance of a 40+ year old of all time. Been there done that. Plus, who is kessler to hopkins? a guy that lost to Calzaghe and has beat no one worth of note?

Hopkins has already said he wants Calzaghe or retirement. The article was just posted on this very site a couple days ago. There should be no demands, or expectations from the boxing community as to what Hopkins should do next. It's up to bernard if he wants to fight on, who he wants to fight or not fight at all. He's done everything he has ever set out to do in the game and more.
              I basically agree. Since he doesn't hold a title, Hopkins can pick and choose his opposition anyway he wants to.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                ^^^^

Also it's interesting to note that the fight was a contested in a bull ring and in the midst of the civil war of Ecuador (might explain the hostile crowd!). As you said, Hopkins was also not properly acclimated to the altitude of nearly 10,000 feet. And of course it's worth note this was the only time in hopkins career he was ever knocked down so it seems logical that these conditions were part of the reason, especially considering how badly he beat him down in the rematch.
                Hopkins is a professional fighter. He only has himself to blame if he wasn't prepared for the altitude.

Comment

I don't blame Bernard for not taking that fight, especially in Denmark, as much as I'd like to see a Kessler-Hopkins fight. Dude is 44, FFS. This is not a time to be traveling to Europe to fight someone who won't do much for his legacy, he needs to take one more good fight in the US with the best payday possible, then retire. Dawson would be a good one. I think Bernard would stand a good chance of knocking Chad out.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by Enemy/Friend View Post
                    No,but Chad could pick anyone he wants and he chose Kessler....
                    Yeah but he pulled out when Team Kessler asked for the fight to be at a catchweight.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      According to who? Please provide (factual) proof. And don't give me that live gate BS either because HBO surpasses that by taking a ****.
                      Why dont YOU prove that the fight makes more in the US?

Surely HBO would televise regardless of venue.

Comment

Working...
                      X