Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 50 Cent Wants To Use WWE Theatrics To Pump Events

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entertainment and music etc is great when it's done right, but when they try to be cool and don't base their entertainment choices on the make up of the crowd then it's just laughably bad.

At Haye-Chisora, they had this dude "Angel" on, some young, black singer engaging in vocal gymnastics singing to this predominantly white, middle aged, likely West Ham supporting crowd.
    You couldn't actually hear him over the booing.
    Inept choice of artist, a result of Warren promotions trying to book someone who they deemed "cool" rather than thinking about what people might actually want.

Out of curiousity, have any boxing shows had stand up comedians to warm the crowd up?
    There should be more interractions, like competitions if you're in a certain seat etc.
    I think WWE style stuff would only work if you had two savvy fighters who were prepared to hype the fight in any way they knew how, so they could work out some dramatic pre-fight stuff. But other than that, exaggerrated Klitschko style ring entrances would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
      Nobody wants WWE brought into boxing. Live music performances/concerts in-between fights and entrances are great.
      I figured 50 would focus on live music before the fights. Guess I was wrong.
      For me there not. **** the live bands and particularly rappers for entrances. It always sounds terrible. I'm a guitar man but I cringe anytime I here a live band playing at a boxing event. Even when the Germans put on the fantastic entrances for the Klits, I'm cringing when they got some ****e metal band thrashing away on a wee podium in a corner of the stadium. I'm all for big build ups but just leave out live bands, particularly the singing, just doesn't work for me.

Peoples tastes vary so much. If I want to go see music I pay to go see music.

Build up the entrances, have all the sparkle and razz but no live music!

I'm certainly not into hearing one ****e rapper with a promotional agenda mumble his way incoherently through a song while grabbing all the lime light away from the fighter!

Comment

I always said boxing could use more Awesome Referee's like Professional Wrestling uses. They are always on top of it! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          Hah...wow ppl here really lack vision..he's talking about good lighting shows, lasers and crap, fireworks/pyrotechnics, ring models (not corona girls), etc. This isn't a bad idea but it cuts a ton from the profit margin which makes other promoters not happy.
          Agreed. As long as it's not too outlandish, I think a more elaborate ring walk would be a good way to create a larger-than-life atmosphere, plus allow fighters to show off some character. Just a ramp, flashing lights, and LED screens would make a big difference. I could do without pyro.

Comment

Sorry, just wanted to add...

Don't hate me, but I like what the MMA promotions did in Japan. For example:

Nothing too crazy and I really like the use of the arena around the 1:00 mark.

Last thing, no mini-concerts ever! I always find them awkward at a sporting event.

Comment

Working...
            X