No announcement yet.

Yuriorkis Gamboa vs Adrien Broner *would look like Roy vs Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    If their fight goes to the cards, as it probably would, anything can happen. It's been just nuts nowadays; and Adrien has already benefited from a gift, in my opinion.
    i think that has been overstated. ponce was a learning experience. sure. but broner was barely 21 at the time and he was never in any trouble. not to mention hes improved vastly since then.

and i think, in comparing broner to floyd, ppl lose sight of what kind if fighter he truly is. hes a pressure fighter/boxer in the vein of winky wright and the like. that will be a tough style to crack for gamboa, and i doubt he'll look good doing it. but we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      I agree with you. People do tend to think Broner is some type of slick boxer when he really isn't and you could see it vs Escobedo. Gamboa might have a suspect chin but in none of the times he was dropped did he look hurt. Not once. Even when Salido dropped him and look what Salido did to Juanma (that's a suspect chin). Now you can make the case that those guys don't hit as hard as Broner but I think Salido hits pretty damn hard and he was not able to hurt Gamboa.

Im sure you're tired of hearing this but look at Trinidad, how many times was he down in his career? What did he do every time he got up from those KD's?
      I noticed that Gamboa is not hard to knock down but he does seem to have that Trinidad ability to jump up right away and fight like he never was down. His chin may be better than it seems. I have not seen look like he was hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        i think that has been overstated. ponce was a learning experience. sure. but broner was barely 21 at the time and he was never in any trouble. not to mention hes improved vastly since then.

and i think, in comparing broner to floyd, ppl lose sight of what kind if fighter he truly is. hes a pressure fighter/boxer in the vein of winky wright and the like. that will be a tough style to crack for gamboa, and i doubt he'll look good doing it. but we will see.
        What has been overstated? The result of the fight, or Adrien's performance? Do you think Broner won? It was a very close fight, but I felt that Ponce squeaked it out. As for Adrien's performance and subsequent improvement: I'd say he was fairly unimpressive, but has shown improvement. I think he would hold his own against Yuri, but I also think Gamboa is a greater and more seasoned talent. That said, as I've already agreed, anything can happen. They are both potential stars.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I noticed that Gamboa is not hard to knock down but he does seem to have that Trinidad ability to jump up right away and fight like he never was down. His chin may be better than it seems. I have not seen look like he was hurt.
          This is why when someone says Gamboa has a suspect chin I jump in and dispute it but there's only so much I could say as the evidence is there and he HAS been down multiple times. The KD's have been from him getting caught up in the crowd or in exchanges and being out of balance from being overly excited. But those KD's are like a light switch, he gets KD'ed and here comes El Ciclon, literally.

Not once have I seen Gamboa hurt in ANY of those KD's.

Comment

Broner would spark him. I hope all of these people screaming Gamboa's name actually put money down on him if they ever fight. That way I can get a great price on Broner.

Comment

You mean a one sided disaster? Because that's what Roy vs Floyd would look like.

Comment

You mean a young Roy and an old Floyd? Cause Broner don't fight like prime Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
                  I think Broner wins because he's bigger and longer. I don't think it would resemble Roy Jones jr. and Floyd Mayweather jr. as Gamboa doesn't fight like Roy and he doesn't have the physicality of Roy.

But who knows, maybe Broner is hiding something about his chin that Gamboa could exploit.
                  Thats a beautiful and scary avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post

My favorite fighter is Gamboa/Martinez, but im starting to think more and more that this might be the case. It can possibly turn into a Winky Wright vs. Shane Mosley situation. The good big man beats the good little man.

Comment

Working...
                    X