Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else think khan looked drained?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else think khan looked drained?

He looked tired and his face looked drawn. Also when he gave an interview he sounded tired and horsey. Anyone agree?

Can anyone direct me to pics or vid of the weigh-in I missed it .

Comment

He looked fine to me, obviously he'll be a little drained but after he takes some fluids and carbs up he should be fine. Also he's not done much strenght work for this fight, Virgil didn't want him to have a big back with excess muscle so he could move more fluidly.
      Last edited by komodo; 12-14-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

He looked considerably slimmer than his last 3-4 fights

Comment

Yea i think he will have to move up sooner or later, it has to be a struggle for him to make 140 and under

Although watching the docu, and looking at the pics and interviews, i think he has been doing mostly running and ring work, dont think Virgil really cares for over the top fancy strength training. Khan could end up like Hatton when he fought Pacman, he came in looking gaunt, was weak psychologically and unsure of his new found tactics.

If there was ever a time to take advantage of Khan, it is now.

Comment

No, he looked like most fighters do on the scales, a little dehydrated.

I don't think people understand the term "weight drained"

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              Yep, hence the selection of Molina as an opponent. A light puncher from a smaller division.

Regarding Khan at the weigh in, I don't think he looks drained in the face. He's looking extremely thin physically though, but that's how a lot of fighters come in and it's before the hydration process so we;ll see.
              Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 12-14-2012, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                Yea i think he will have to move up sooner or later, it has to be a struggle for him to make 140 and under

Although watching the docu, and looking at the pics and interviews, i think he has been doing mostly running and ring work, dont think Virgil really cares for over the top fancy strength training. Khan could end up like Hatton when he fought Pacman, he came in looking gaunt, was weak psychologically and unsure of his new found tactics.

It takes time for new habits to bed in on a subconscious level. Under the gun you are better off going with with what you do naturally. It is going to be interesting how the new training works out.

Comment

Anyone here thinks getting hit by bigger guys would be a good idea for him? He will re hydrate fine i think .

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    No, he looked like most fighters do on the scales, a little dehydrated.

I don't think people understand the term "weight drained"
                    an over reaction. When he looks even half of what Rios did against Murray, then you can call him weight drained

Comment

Working...
                    X