No announcement yet.

Me sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me sparring

Hey guys, I´m the guy in the black trunks.

Do you remember Acelino Freitas? 3 time lightweight world champion? He´s the referee, this is a boxing gym he built up for local kids.

Constructive criticisms about the sparring session are welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_07z3tv5Jg

looked like a good session what weight are you guys?

Comment

work on bob and weaving slipping,.. u basicaly catching all punches wid ur head.

Comment

relax a bit more. my internet connection is loading this very, very slowly. ill my comment only relates to the first round.
        at the seven second mark, he's timing you stepping in with a double jab which he fires simultaneously with yours... this means commit more to the jab. step on it with more intensity when you spar this guy. it doesn't look like his right hand is on his head when he jabs either... so feint the jab and throw a left hook and youll knock his head sideways.
        good work jabbing high and low. keep doing this.
        turn your gloves inslightly... your hands are like this on the side of your head...
        | 0 |
        the 0 being your head. make it more like this /0\ the hands turned in slightly provides more torque on your shots when you turn them over... i find it also increases the defensive covering of your defense.
        because your hands are held high, make sure you keep your weight low so that you can dip under shots and pivot around your opponent. if your legs arent bending under shots, you are a still target.
        don't back up with your hands down at 0:23 even if you CAN get away with it. you moved straight back... if homie fakes you into doing something like this, he'll come in chopping and you wont be properly defending.
        big hook misses at 0:25...
        1) throw it more directly off the shoulder. you loaded it with head movement, but you can throw that shorter.
        2) hold your right hand on your head when you hook, or he can just throw his look as you throw yours, he will connect his, and yours will be blocked with his right hand.
        circle right some more... i only saw you do it once at 0:36... he was visibly put off by your movement. the right, then left rhythm throws him off.
        try this... step right with a little angle to load/hide the right hand and throw it. the side of the head is usually opened by doing this.
        the way he compensated for your right step was a small left pivot and... his trusty jab. slip the jab (as you load the right) and throw it. it is basically the same movement.
        you could easily be turning this boy left and right alllll night.
        use your individual jab... double jab more... high and low with movement.
        more body work, use the straight right, right hook and left hook to the body... then bring that uppercut up. dont be afraid to double or even triple your hands! left hook left uppercut left hook, or right hook, right uppercut. ortiz tripled his right nicely against berto. soto is another badass who'll double and triple his shots.
        good work looking for shots.
        get up on your toes, dont fight flat footed. pivot on all your shots... really turn your hips over and get your body weight behind it.
        dont back straight up... if u take a little foot step back like u tend to... come straight back forwards with a combination. if he keeps pushing into you, he'll walk into 4-5 shots.
        u watch miguel cotto a lot dont you?
        umm when he paws/measures with nothing behind it, throw a straight right to the body, or come under with a right uppercut, or even step outside with a right hand... that **** is easy as hell to counter, but be aware of the right hand behind it.
        hook off your jab.
        lookin good brotha keep workin, keep grinding out the round and training. i think youve got some good natural tendencies.
        most importantly RELAX more than the other guy. make him tense by jabbing his chest (sternum), body, and working shots to the body. he will gas by mental fatigue stemming from his physical strain. ez.

more loaded: the jab hook right uppercut is ****ing SHARP at 2:44 nice ****in combo... put your legs and hips into it more and that dude wouldve been eating his mouthguard.

Comment

"the 0 being your head. make it more like this /0\ the hands turned in slightly provides more torque on your shots when you turn them over..."

So when you hit do you extend wrist at the impact?

Comment

this reminds me of a wild west shootout 2 guys throwing wild bombs from all directions missing more shots than landing i think you two should get some training before stepping into the ring again

Comment

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
              this reminds me of a wild west shootout 2 guys throwing wild bombs from all directions missing more shots than landing i think you two should get some training before stepping into the ring again
              This guy is an jerk don't listen to him. Look to me like two guys getting some good work in at the Gym. More head movement would be good.

Comment

I think you should work on your technique a bit more. Also, remember to box and not brawl (to many forget this).

Good stuff though bro, just keep working at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitez View Post
                  "the 0 being your head. make it more like this /0\ the hands turned in slightly provides more torque on your shots when you turn them over..."

So when you hit do you extend wrist at the impact?
                  dont do that, thats called chicken wings. keep your guard the way it is. With your arms in you'll be turning over to soon most likely, and making them arm punches.

Comment

i´m at 75 kgs he should be at 69 but he was weighin´73

Comment

Working...
                    X