No announcement yet.

I have been a fan of Khan since 2004, but he's starting to piss me off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
    Khan put his foot in his mouth saying that he was ready for a Pacquiao or Mayweather type fighter. Once he hinted at that we expected him to take on the best. At 140 the talent is pretty deep so theres no excuse for Mccloskey or fukin Witter. Its really stupid of his handlers. When a fighter has good skills and a weak chin you dont take a chance against a mediocure fighter. Khan cant take another kO loss to a B fighter. For those of you who think the Maidana fight showed Khan's durability please watch it again. It was no better than Frazier/Foreman the way he was turing his back and running. A good chin is being able to recover and control. Not thanking God for the bell ringing.
    and khan hasn't been fighting the best?

maidana , kotelnik , malignaggi?

you know they're working on bradley-khan next right?

you know this is just a tuneup right?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      didn't khan beat the current #3 140 fighter just a few months ago?

year before that he beat the current #5 140 fighter?

hasn't khan fought 3 top 5-10 ranked 140 fighters in his last 4 fights?

give the kid a break.

besides mccloskey is an undefeated fighter who is currently ranked #10 in the division by ring magazine. not too bad i say.
      The haters on here seriously like clinging onto any straws they see to take it to Khan and it cracks me the **** up. Sometimes I think these people on here are not true boxing fans or at least don't understand the game well enough to see how it works.

Comment

regardless of he fought before.... and who he might fight after....

this is the ****est fight he could have possibly picked.

As per usual its always the fans that get thought of last

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
          . Peterson did NOT accept the 300K offer.

At first, Team Khan offered Team Peterson 200K. Twice the money Peterson made against Ortiz. Peterson demanded 500K. Team Khan refused. You have to take in consideration that Peterson is coming from a loss and a draw. Beggers can't be choosers. Team Khan upped the offer to 300K, Peterson demanded 350K and no rematch-clause. So the fight blew off.

Even Shaefer (who promotes them both) said that Peterson should have taken the 300K offer. Peterson will probably never make as much money in his life again and will most likely not return to HBO either.

He will regret this all his life.
          He also has a win in there...

Comment

Ive no problem with this fight in the UK and the chosen opponent to earn some money.

But stop hyping him up. HAHAH

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan2007 View Post

How so?

Who could he have fought?

Witter is the shittiest fight he could of picked. Thank god HBO rejected that one.

This one for a tune up is not so bad. The only available fighter with no date and no possible opponent. Lucas Matthysse and he's a borderline top 10 like McCloskey so what is the problem?
              Last edited by jrosales13; 02-06-2011, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan2007 View Post

not every fight can be a big fight.

how long have you been following boxing?

i don't care if fighters get a gimme every other fight or so as long as they're also fighting the top opponents every year.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                  How so?

Witter is the shittiest fight he could of picked. Thank god HBO rejected that one.

This one for a tune up is not so bad. The only available fighter with no date and no possible opponent. Lucas Matthysse and he's a borderline top 10 like McCloskey so what is the problem?
                  he's a fringe top 10 contender , he's 22-0 , he's the european champ at 140 , he's the next highest ranked british fighter at 140.....

not a bad tuneup at all.

these guys are just whiners.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    How so?

seriously...?

i kno u maybe a fan but r u actually gonna tell me that this is good fight?

mcloskey has limited power and itsnt particularly good at anything... plus his resume is almost as bad as salitas... 90% tin cans with a couple of C- fighters in there for good measure...

physically he's shorter, older, and much slower... he offers almost zero danger for amir

if he was a draw then i could understand... but he's not even that

explain to me how u can defend this fight as a BOXING fan, not as an AMIR fan ??

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                      not every fight can be a big fight.

how long have you been following boxing?

i don't care if fighters get a gimme every other fight or so as long as they're also fighting the top opponents every year.
                      oh yes ive only been watching boxing for 5 minutes... so im still so green as to think that once you become a celebrated world champ as fans we should expect them to take on dangerous and meaningful fights....

im sure back in the day people never used to avenge losses or take immediate rematches over dubious decisions - not for money but for legacy.

but this how boxing is now huh? fighters take **** fights and as fans we say its ok... im sure this is why boxing is headed towards a bright future

Comment

Working...
                      X