Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Martinez at 154 : who you got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
    Dropping weight is not smart at an advanced age...............dude is ripped at 159..how is he gonna make 154 healthy?..he is chasing money when he talks bout 154 and it simply isnt logical..
    exactly. Marintez is a 160 pund fighter end of story all that he not a real middleweight talk get out of here, he probably aint tall as them but he sure as hell is right where he belongs

Comment

Ward vs Dawson Part 2. Martinez is right where he belongs at 160 The way he keeps his hands down always bothers me. Floyd would be able to land that straight right all night and get out before martinez can return fire. Also, martinez been at 160 for a while now, he might be a little drained. Unless he catches mayweather like he caught my boy PW, UD or MD for mayweather. Lets not forget that judges might be bias since he is a not from the US, could get screwed over.

Comment

Martinez jab makes the difference. Martinez UD.

Comment

I'd like to see Martinez fight at 154 before we get another Ward-Dawson

Comment

Still think its a bad idea for him to move down to 154. He might be ok, or it might ruin his career.

If he's drained obviously Mayweather rips him apart.

If he makes the weight easily, I don't know, I'm 50/50. The combination of his speed and size might be too much for Floyd, but I think it would be a good fight.

Comment

Martinez by 7-5 UD or late stoppage. Too much footwork, hand speed, size and reach advantage, and power punches. Floyd can't hurt him.

Comment

I agree with everyone that Sergio would be drained at 154. People bring up his movement but if he's drained his legs will be gone during the late rounds.

Comment

These are my predictions if Sergio makes weight comfortably:

154lbs with 8oz gloves I got Floyd by 8-4 UD
                  154lbs with 10oz gloves I got Floyd by 7-5 UD
                  160lbs with 165lb. rehydration clause I got Floyd by 7-5 UD (and the rehydration clause isn't a ***** move since Serio is a "small middleweight" and would be better than cutting to make 154lbs)
                  160lbs legit I got Martinez by SD in a FOTY candidate since he'd outweigh Floyd by 20lbs or more.

Martinez isn't as good as he's hyped up to be IMO. I think that the size, power, and unorthodox southpaw stance is the only reason I'm giving him a chance against Mayweather... if they were both the same size I'd have Floyd sonning Martinez with EASE! Besides beating Williams and Pavlik who has he really beat? Has Martinez shown that he can outbox a boxer? Did Martinez actually look all that fast when compared to other fast fighters or just against the slower 160lbers? Has Martinez beat any fighters who can actually adjust? Can Martinez adjust to fighters who aren't just one dimensional? How will Martinez deal with a speedy counterpuncher who has the best lead right hand ever? The weight is a big question mark as to can he be comfortable at 154lbs? I find it funny that they keep saying that he's a small middleweight when I find him to be a normal size middleweight and only small compared to Chavez Jr. and Pavlik. Floyd showed he can take a good flush shot by a power puncher to me by not getting dropped by those Mosley bombs. I really don't see Martinez as a harder hitter than Shane or Oscar. I see Martinez bullying Floyd against the ropes and trying to put in work as his only way to gain a W... although I don't see that working. I don't think Sergio is fast and skilled enough to outbox Floyd from the outside. Sergio will have a jab for 3 to 4 rounds and then he'll be gun shy from the lead rights he'll be eating and forget to use it like DLH. I think Martinez with his hands down will eat lead right pot shots all night with Floyd showing his great legs once again and boxing beautifully. But this fight will not happen unless Sergio becomes a bigger draw which he can by moving back to 154 and beating Cotto or Alvarez.
                  Last edited by Fists_of_Fury; 09-26-2012, 07:00 PM.

Comment

I'm so glad you made this thread. noone has ever thought of this and theres definitely not a similar one

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                      I'm so glad you made this thread. noone has ever thought of this and theres definitely not a similar one

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                      Did pillow talk with Led not go so well?

Comment

Working...
                      X