No announcement yet.

Heavyweight Champs Through The Ropes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavyweight Champs Through The Ropes

Not a trivia question, but just curious. Can you give instances of the Heavyweight Champion of the World getting knocked through the ropes.

I come up with just two and a half:

Dempsey / Firpo
    Louis / Baer I

Rahman / Maskaev

I know Rahman wasn't champ when he went through the ropes against Maskaev, but I'l count him anyway.

Any other champ suffer that indignity of getting blasted out of the ring?

Originally posted by No-Mas
    Not a trivia question, but just curious. Can you give instances of the Heavyweight Champion of the World getting knocked through the ropes.

I come up with just two and a half:

Dempsey / Firpo
    Louis / Baer I

Rahman / Maskaev

I know Rahman wasn't champ when he went through the ropes against Maskaev, but I'l count him anyway.

Any other champ suffer that indignity of getting blasted out of the ring?
    Buddy Bear?

Jack Johnson-James J. Jeffries
    Rocky Marciano-Roland LaStarza (1953)
    Lennox Lewis-Francois Botha

Comment

Roland LaStarza at all was not the champion, but the moment was very entertainment, and was that in title fight.

Comment

joe louis got knocked through the ropes by rocky marciano but he wasn't champion at the time.

Comment

I have the LaStarza / Marciano fight. I don't remember Marciano going through the ropes. I'll watch it again tonight before the Tszyu fight (now there's a great night of boxing - Marciano followed by Tszyu).

Yeah Buddy Baer sent Louis through the ropes in their first fight. Pretty positive it was round one.

Comment

LaStarza going through the ropes (not Marciano) after right uppercut. Second fight.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Great; 11-06-2004, 12:23 PM.

Comment

not a heavyweight, but the guy jeff lacy knocked threw the ropes was pretty bad.

Comment

what about the manassah mauler jack dempsey knocking champion gene tunney through the ropes in 1927?

Comment

Working...
                    X