Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't Write Hattons comeback off just yet.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    Now, by no means am I predicting how he would look or what he could achieve at this stage.

But i'm just saying, we can't write Ricky off just yet.

Erik Morales is a good example, he came back a couple of years ago and people were rubbishing him and writing him off "shot to **** he is, no gas tank left, no punch resistance"

He even went up a couple of divisions from where he used to fight, when he went in against Maidana people were calling it tant-amount to suicide, but in my opinion he beat Maidana. He then went on to claim a WBC strap, and put in a very good performance against Danny Garcia considering he was badly out of shape.

I mean it could go the same for Hatton, or it could go wrong. Point is we don't know yet, so if the guy does come back, I think we should just enjoy it for what it is, and who knows, maybe Hatton does have one last run left in the tank, and can give us some exciting nights.

I hope so anyway, boxing can always use characters like him, and i'd love to see how a decent version of Hatton matches up to Garcia, Maidana, Khan, hell even Morales.

Dont compare an ATG like Morales to an over hype guy who's only win is against a past prime Tszyu. Hatton might do well at domestic level, but he is not competing against the best. He should stay retire and look out for his health.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      Hatton was a come-forward, face first, body bashing brawler who's greatest assets were his punch durability, body work and inside fighting. It's his life outside of the ring that ended his career early with the constant blowing up in weight inbetween fights.

He looked gaunt at the Pacman weigh-in and wouldn't healthily make 140 anymore. 147 isn't a good division for Hatton at all and he'd be easy pickings for the top fighters.

I can understand why he wants to return after leaving on the back of the Pacman demolition. However, would he want to then re-retire on the back of defeat against someone like Kell Brook or Randall Bailey?

To compare Morales & Hatton is stupid.

One is an ATG who was once so good that even years past his prime he can still hang at the top of divisions. Where as the other has shown an incredibly dramatic decline and retired to focus on his health.
      i was just about to say something along very similar lines.

Comment

If he sticks to fighting bums in Manchester, I don't mind a comeback.

No more PPV or HBO for him.

Comment

im not against a comeback of an exciting fighter in hatton, but i believe he should be worried about his health.. no one knows it better than himself, no one knows whats really left in him now but himself, if he thinks he still can do it and its something that he really wants, then why not? we only live once..

if he just wanted walk out with a win, then why not..

if he just wanted to give malignaggi a crack again, then why not..

its really up to him..

Comment

I'm hoping that Hatton's comeback is kept on a smaller scale: Get him older tomato cans and let him go out on a high note. Don't put him in there with any young, hungry guys.

I can't blame him for not wanting to end his career with the Pacquiao annihilation.

Comment

I hope he does well in his comeback, Ricky will always be loved in the uk but I don't see him beating malignaggi though I'd love to see him fight khan I'd definitely pay to watch that rignside

Comment

Comeback's ok if it's about quick money (!).
                Delusions of archiving something or cementing his legacy would end worse.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    There will be no egg on my face if Hatton returns. He will look decent against the limited and specifically chosen fighters but once in the ring with a contender, he'll be in danger.
                    Who is a contender?

Comment

then again,Hatton was never nothing special,Morales was

Comment

Working...
                      X