Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vanes vs. Lara: Top Rank Outbids Golden Boy in Purse Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vanes vs. Lara: Top Rank Outbids Golden Boy in Purse Bid

According to Carl Morretti, Vice President of Top Rank, his company outbid Golden Boy Promotions to secure the rights to the WBC's final junior middleweight eliminator between Vanes Martirosyan and Erislandy Lara. The mandatory purse bid was held this morning in Mexico. Top Rank, who promote Vanes, placed a bid of $405,000, and Golden Boy bid $326,000.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This means that Vanes is not pulling out, we got a fight boys!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      This means that Vanes is not pulling out, we got a fight boys!!
      thats what I'm talking about!!!

Comment

YAY!!!! A fight I've been drooling over. A fight that will clear up the fogginess in the LMW division. Let's hope there's no injuries to derail it.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 07-20-2012, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
          Does anybody believes it will get made. I'm negative and I know I will be till I see them both at press conference.
          Would be great fight, even though I belive Vanes style for Lara.
          Vanes's promoter won the bid. Why would they have their fighter pull out??

Comment

I am actually hearing that it's Lara's side that isn't all that warm to a fight with Vanes while everyone I have talked to on Vanes side does indeed plan to go forward with it

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
              I am actually hearing that it's Lara's side that isn't all that warm to a fight with Vanes while everyone I have talked to on Vanes side does indeed plan to go forward with it
              And I will be taking bets that Vanes wins too.

Comment

I knew Arum wasn't gonna let GB put Vanes on their Sept 15 card.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  And I will be taking bets that Vanes wins too.
                  Ill take that bet, a friendly bet.
                  Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                  Yea, Lara's people been saying since the purse bid was announced that they wanna look for a title shot instead of trying to fight Vanes. But if there's no title shot they need to go on with this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                    I don't trust Golden Boy anymore, ball is on their side right now.
                    They doesn't seem to care about Lara too much so maybe they can take a chance with him.
                    But on the other hand this fight happening will force them to match Canelo with the winner, so I would think they would rather not see it at all.
                    I'll just wait, excuse me with being a bit pesimistic with all that **** going on in boxig .
                    This is why I think arum but down the big money. He's the only man alive that can force the wbc to make ginger fight Vanes if he wins. Why would arum get his fighter this fight if he's guaranteed the money fight next??

Comment

Working...
                    X