No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sen. Reid Targets Boxing Reform After Pacquiao-Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sen. Reid Targets Boxing Reform After Pacquiao-Bradley

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is using boxer Manny Pacquiao's controversial defeat over the weekend to push for long-stalled legislation to more strictly regulate the sport.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is using boxer Manny Pacquiao's controversial defeat over the weekend to push for long-stalled legislation to more strictly regulate the sport.

[Click Here To Read More]
    With all the corruption in DC, Mr. Reid chooses BOXING for regulation!?!?!??!?

What about Wall Street, what about the Too-Big-to-Fail Banks, what about the FEDERAL Reserve ... what a freakin joke.

Comment

Boxing do need some kind of oversight.

But this bill will be at the bottom of the pile.

Comment

Lol, this is beyond laughable at this point. But at least ppl are starting to take notice. But a lot of it is overblown by all these casual idiots who really don't follow the sport. It'd be nice to see some of these ideas get off the ground but I doubt they will.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          Lol, this is beyond laughable at this point. But at least ppl are starting to take notice. But a lot of it is overblown by all these casual idiots who really don't follow the sport. It'd be nice to see some of these ideas get off the ground but I doubt they will.
          Reid was a amateur boxer, and he does go to a lot of big fights ... but with the shape the economy is in, we need politicians to focus on the things that help the average working family and NOT big banks and wall street.

Comment

Senator Reid: STFU

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
            With all the corruption in DC, Mr. Reid chooses BOXING for regulation!?!?!??!?

What about Wall Street, what about the Too-Big-to-Fail Banks, what about the FEDERAL Reserve ... what a freakin joke.
            Senator Reid & everyone else wanting regulation should just imo stfu. Just because everybody's boxing pet Manny Pacquoia was on the perceived bad end of a bad decision now they want to regulate boxing. There have been many bad decisions in boxing. What about the bad decision that Pacquoia was on the good end, when he was clearly beaten by Marquez. Where was all the call for boxing regulation then? I'll tell you where. Boxing's pet whom all love got the decision and nobody complained. I say congratulations to Tim Bradley who deserves a bunch of credit not given to him because he fought for 10 rounds on two bad feet which had to be bothering him a lot. Ok, now with 2 good feet I think he'll beat Pacquoia convincingly in their rematch. Face it Pac lovers, your fighter is on a downslide. He couldn't beat a cripple Bradlely. Now what is he going to do with Mayweather, who is 3 times as good as Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by bbwoof2000 View Post
              Senator Reid & everyone else wanting regulation should just imo stfu. Just because everybody's boxing pet Manny Pacquoia was on the perceived bad end of a bad decision now they want to regulate boxing. There have been many bad decisions in boxing. What about the bad decision that Pacquoia was on the good end, when he was clearly beaten by Marquez. Where was all the call for boxing regulation then? I'll tell you where. Boxing's pet whom all love got the decision and nobody complained. I say congratulations to Tim Bradley who deserves a bunch of credit not given to him because he fought for 10 rounds on two bad feet which had to be bothering him a lot. Ok, now with 2 good feet I think he'll beat Pacquoia convincingly in their rematch. Face it Pac lovers, your fighter is on a downslide. He couldn't beat a cripple Bradlely. Now what is he going to do with Mayweather, who is 3 times as good as Bradley.
              So then you're against any legislation that could reform the corruption in Boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                So then you're against any legislation that could reform the corruption in Boxing?
                I guess people just either don't read the articles on NSB or simply miss the point.

Comment

They got to focus on NEUTRALITY.

In the Pacman vs Bradley:

The fight took place inside USA;
                  The Referee like Bradley is a Black American;
                  And three Judges like Bradley were Americans too.

Aren't there any Europeans, Latinos, Asians, who are qualified to be Referees and Judges?

Comment

I hate Harry Reid but this is BADLY needed, just make some sort of American Boxing League or some ****, you can still have promoters but drug testing, champions and judging oversighted with this group involved.

Comment

Working...
                    X