Lucian Bute said "He had no choice"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
    He was misquoted.

He really said "My opponent has no chance".

Easy mistake really.

Nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
      how can Bute moan about not fighting the top competition? the super six pooled the top fighters into a competition, surely he got an invite? he must have known he would be fighting the best of the rest

Bute was certainly approached to gauge his interest even though I don't believe an official offer was ever made.

That being said, Bute said publicly at the time that he was not interested anyway and would not have participated even if there was an offer.

If you look hard enough you can find the threads from the media releases.

Comment

Brian Magee is no where near world level, Not even top 5 in Britain IMO. Bute needs to man up and fight someone decent.
        Bute is a paper champion who has never faught any decent opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by adietheforestfa View Post
          Brian Magee is no where near world level, Not even top 5 in Britain IMO. Bute needs to man up and fight someone decent.
          Bute is a paper champion who has never faught any decent opposition.
          Well he gave Froch quite a bit of trouble. Not bad for a guy ''no where near world level.''

Comment

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
            I'm not convinced by Bute yet. Not seen enough.

What makes him special?

Great size for a SMW, great power, sick sick uppercut, deadly body punch, good foot work, always comes in with a great plan, one of the best coach in boxing.

Bute may not have fight the best in the World, but who Ward had faced/beat aside Kessler? Nobody... Bika? Bute steamrolled him; he also beat Andrade twice, one domination of 12 round before getting knockdown and another TKO against him in 4th round. Joppy was old, I agree, but he did beat Miranda too, who is a hard puncher. He toyed with him.

He is going on for his 7th defence of his World Championship Title... You can't call that a "paper champ".

Magee isn't that bad. He hasn't lost in his last 10 fights; 3 KO out of his last 4 fights; when he lost against Froch, two judges had a card of 94-95, 95-96 in favor of Froch, which was a close fight.

WAR BUTE.
            Last edited by 168SMW; 12-22-2010, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X