Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The last fighter you would have clearly favoured to beat Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
    The Magarito that knocked out Cotto will KO Floyd.

Floyd was scared to death of Margarito. There was real fear in Floyd's eyes when Maragarito punked him in front of his entire family. Floyd was terrified of Tony and the world knew it.

There was a reason Floyd retired.
    Dont be ridiculous.

Comment

I'd say any of the Fab Four (Duran, Leonard, Hagler, Hearns).

Comment

05-06 Margarito would've been a NIGHTMARE for lil Floyd. You think after going thru hell with Castillo at 135 Floyd wanted to fight another strong, pressure machine who throws 90+ punches a round without tiring? At Welterweight at that. LOL

He fought Baldomir instead SMH. Then in 08 when Tony was on top of the world, what does Fraud do? He RETIRES. GTFO.

Comment

He's arguably the GOAT at SFW.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Felix Trinidad.
            Really? I think that Floyd would be able to neutralize him fairly thoroughly.

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
              The Magarito that knocked out Cotto will KO Floyd.

Floyd was scared to death of Margarito. There was real fear in Floyd's eyes when Maragarito punked him in front of his entire family. Floyd was terrified of Tony and the world knew it.

There was a reason Floyd retired.

Margarito most likely had an illegal advantage in his gloves vs Cotto. That isn't my point though. Floyd isn't going to be right in front of Margs the way Cotto was and is much faster and WAY better defensively. Tony would be hitting air and being countered all night on his way to losing a UD. This is coming from someone who can't stand punk ass Floyd. I do think Floyd should have fought him though. Boxing is a business but not every fight has to be a mega payday. I have far more appreciation for fighters like Cotto who chase legacy and are willing to fight everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
                He's arguably the GOAT at SFW.
                In terms of resume I would rank Arguello over him at that weight, but H2H I'm not sure anyone beats him there.

Comment

This would get over 50 replies if it were in the nsb.

Comment

I agree Arguello is better at SFW than Floyd. But H2H as mentioned, I can't see anyone beating him there.

A great jab will destroy most of Floyds game at 147. So as Benny also mentioned, not many fighters could do it, but there is a few that'd get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                      Really? I think that Floyd would be able to neutralize him fairly thoroughly.
                      I don't think it's fair to compare Mayweather who's at Welterweight is in his 4th weight class where he's relatively small against the ATG, natural, big WW's.

Mayweather's never faced a WW with the combination of size, power and subtle skills of Trinidad and I have no doubt that he would or should be favoured to beat him if a prime Trinidad were to fight an 06-07 Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X