Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of these ten ATG'S will you favor over Floyd Mayweather jr H2H?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come no one ever makes the thread of a 130-135 Floyd against past ATG's moving up in weight to fight Floyd instead of the other way around?? It's crazy to put Floyd in against some of the greatest of all time after moving him up 3 weight classes.

If you are going to make all these hypothetical fights at least level the playing ground a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sballotHOF View Post
      I don't think they win by land slides, but I believe they'd all beat Floyd, besides Tito.
      pryor, arguello, and definitely chavez do not beat floyd

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
        pryor, arguello, and definitely chavez do not beat floyd
        I think Pryror, and Arguello can definitely beat Floyd. 50/50 with Chavez.

Comment

I think Pryror, and Arguello can definitely beat Floyd. 50/50 with Chavez.
          pryor i would give 50/50, depending on how crazy he is that day. arguello i just dont see it. chavez i give very little to no chance

Comment

benitez and trinidad also have very little chance imo. duran, though few will agree, has also a 50/50 chance

basically leonard and hearns is who i wouldnt argue of beating floyd. everyone else, not so certain

ray robinson not included in this. never seen him live, refuse to compare the 2

Comment

benitez and trinidad also have very little chance imo. duran, though few will agree, has also a 50/50 chance

basically leonard and hearns is who i wouldnt argue of beating floyd. everyone else, not so certain

ray robinson not included in this. never seen him live, refuse to compare the 2
              Benitez very little chance!!!??? Wait, WHAT!?

Comment

Benitez very little chance!!!??? Wait, WHAT!?

sorry bud, but a youtube tribute doesnt do it. benitez - very little chance

Comment

sorry bud, but a youtube tribute doesnt do it. benitez - very little chance
                  Clearly dealing with a Flowmo.....good bye.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
                    How come no one ever makes the thread of a 130-135 Floyd against past ATG's moving up in weight to fight Floyd instead of the other way around?? It's crazy to put Floyd in against some of the greatest of all time after moving him up 3 weight classes.

If you are going to make all these hypothetical fights at least level the playing ground a bit.
                    WTF are you talking about. Half the guys on that list is listed in Floyd's prime
                    weight classes....

Comment

The only fighter I'd favor Floyd over that list is Chavez Sr. The styles favor Floyd in that one. Chavez is a smart brawler/ pressure fighter but Floyd is faster in both feet and hands.

It's interesting to see the matchup between a boxer vs pressure fighter.

All the others are just too murderous of a puncher for Floyd not to mention they are just as fast if not faster. With the exception of Whitaker, and even then Whitaker will still beat Floyd in a boxing match. Anyone who saw Whitaker fight is just a thing of beauty. The guy can dodge punches while maintaining balance, never disengaging AND MINIMAL CLINCHES. Something Floyd is so dependent upon.

All the rest are just murderous punchers at their respective weights with all of them being on par with speed and quickness and may arguably be better on the said department.

The big factor here which really puts a dent on Floyd is that everyone on the mentioned list has fought numerous ATGs and HOF boxers. All mentioned in the list has been tested and pushed to the limit and has demonstrated tremendous will and courage in the face of huge pressure and adversity.

Floyd has yet to be in the position these ATG's has been in.

It's such a waste that Floyd has to go out this way because honestly he could have really been one of the very best had he just pushed himself.

Now it's just going to be a what-if scenario since Floyd's prime is long gone.

Comment

Working...
                      X